WHO'S WHO HERE NOW??????

Lawdwaz

On 7/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, moog5050 said:

Its kind of strange to be so sensitive to what is said on a forum.  I had a newspaper article published the other day where a public official called me and another attorney "full of $hit" simply because he didn't like our opinion on a legal matter (and perhaps because he is using the Trump approach to reelection).  My kids were horrified and asked what I will do.  My great plan is to ignore it and greet him with a pleasant hello when I see him next.  Its more a reflection on him than me.  Likewise, we really can't take the stuff on here too seriously, although it is nice if we can restrain ourselves at times when we disagree and I will admit that I have not done so on occasion.  Working on it!

The number one rule on a forum is: attack the post, not the poster. When you make it personal you've likely already lost any argument you might have had.

I spend an inordinate amount of time on internet forums, many of them Progressive. It's part of the research for my job. I might chime in when someone says something really stupid, but I go after the statement rather than the poster. 99 times out of 100 I will be met with a personal attack in response. It's a very poor way to change someone's mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

The number one rule on a forum is: attack the post, not the poster. When you make it personal you've likely already lost any argument you might have had.

I spend an inordinate amount of time on internet forums, many of them Progressive. It's part of the research for my job. I might chime in when someone says something really stupid, but I go after the statement rather than the poster. 99 times out of 100 I will be met with a personal attack in response. It's a very poor way to change someone's mind.

:search:

Capture.PNG.161abf518b4c8b2eff74234b4a00d319.PNG

2 hours ago, philoshop said:

lots of people suffer from intellectual laziness, much easier to point out a grammar mistake then write a well thought out response  of there own to a augment especially when they know  facts show they are wrong.   easier to just call someone names then actually think for themselves.  

On 7/19/2019 at 8:17 PM, old man river said:

Come down to Orange County and Hiking we shall go.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:20 PM, Hunter007 said:

I don't think the  donkey that guy rides to work will take him that far bill .

The toxic twins at their lowest again.

Puddle ( that's that guy stormy, pigeon or w/e), my ride takes me into the woods. My donkey will hunt!

Billy, oh Billy..........

All about you. As always. I gave you an invitation to step outside your little area and a chance to see what other areas of NYS have to offer. There was no malice, just me actually being civil, like I have done so many times to you. I taught you how to post links, I tried to be nice to you, but you only care about posting links to music videos and other crap no one really cares about. Your loss. When you live in a shoe box and always win, you really don't win. When you have the balls to really step outside that box, you challenge yourself. Then, if you succeed you win for you. "Keep On 'Keepin' On Willy"

6 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The toxic twins at their lowest again.

Puddle ( that's that guy stormy, pigeon or w/e), my ride takes me into the woods. My donkey will hunt!

Billy, oh Billy..........

All about you. As always. I gave you an invitation to step outside your little area and a chance to see what other areas of NYS have to offer. There was no malice, just me actually being civil, like I have done so many times to you. I taught you how to post links, I tried to be nice to you, but you only care about posting links to music videos and other crap no one really cares about. Your loss. When you live in a shoe box and always win, you really don't win. When you have the balls to really step outside that box, you challenge yourself. Then, if you succeed you win for you. "Keep On 'Keepin' On Willy"

I would love some company if and when I go back up to the Adirondacks hunting except  judging from your angry comments i wouldn't  be able to  trust you . 

• Haha 2

I would love some company if and when I go back up to the Adirondacks hunting except  judging from your angry comments i wouldn't  be able to  trust you . 

You have some serious trust issues. Especially for someone I’ve seen do some really creepy shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Just now, Chef said:

Your comment on my soup may have been the most normal thing I’ve ever heard you say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey from my point of view you seem crazy . Just to understand where I'm coming from. 

Maybe you feel the same way about me .

Just saying .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

lots of people suffer from intellectual laziness, much easier to point out a grammar mistake then write a well thought out response  of there own to a augment especially when they know  facts show they are wrong.   easier to just call someone names then actually think for themselves.  

oh wow. it's not grammar man. it's incoherent. And the cherry on top is that you can change your pic and name as often as you want and we all know who it is, just by your style of writing. And for the record, I will only pick on someone's writing when they start calling others dumb. 

Edited by Pigmy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pigmy said:

oh wow. it's not grammar man. it's incoherent. And the cherry on top is that you can change your pic and name as often as you want and we all know who it is, just by your style of writing. And for the record, I will only pick on someone's writing when they start calling others dumb. 

More pokes you never change 

Edited by Hunter007

9 minutes ago, old man river said:

There once was a old man  who hunted Turkeys next to a River.-- He sat motionless- not a Muscle did he quiver.-- The old man missed 3 Turkeys in a row!-- And he thought-- perhaps the 4th time, I should not go.-- But FSWs invited the old man to his Land.-- There with easy birds to make his Stand.-- 2- 27lb Gobblers the old man with failing eyesight knocked down. On the 2nd Morning a smile replaced the defeated Frown. :danced:

That is actually pretty damn good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pigmy said:

Who is it?