Academy 2019

sodfather

7 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Stayed up tonight and got my hunting arrows done . Easton 330 hexx ,50g of brass with 100g tip , 405g total weight.

20190907_235521.jpg

So are your tips actually 150gr?  I was thinking of adding some weight to the front of my arrows as I'm pretty sure iirc that I don't have the recommended FOC because of the lighted nocks I use on my hunting arrows. What did you use to add weight?

13 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

So are your tips actually 150gr?  I was thinking of adding some weight to the front of my arrows as I'm pretty sure iirc that I don't have the recommended FOC because of the lighted nocks I use on my hunting arrows. What did you use to add weight?

Brass inserts instead of the aluminum ones. 

• Like 1

With your music and bass fishing background we could probably offer you a scholarship. We like a well rounded individual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wasn’t there a bow exchanged between you and Grampy’s grandson? This sounds like a USC scandal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Fraternity franchise - I think the SE area would be a good expansion area. Just need a good location for bow shooting - if you build it they will come....

SENY guys are at work or commuting at 530pm on weeknights. We would have to shoot under the lights somewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

SENY guys are at work or commuting at 530pm on weeknights. We would have to shoot under the lights somewhere

Which brings us back to my plan for getting the academy into the ATA show , lighting packages for night time shooting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Grampy gets a scholarship and my application was denied.  Sounds like reverse age discrimination to me.  Or maybe they are trying to keep the average member weight in check.  Hmmm.

i'm holding out for a scholarship that comes with free room and board and money toward course materials. i figured you were doing the same. should've lied on the application and called yourself a handicapped crossbow shooter. just on principal you would've gotten a full ride and new Elite bow. They'd probably just make you sign a exclusivity agreement saying you can only shoot an Elite for the rest of your life. lol

• Like 2

i'm holding out for a scholarship that comes with free room and board and money toward course materials. i figured you were doing the same. should've lied on the application and called yourself a handicapped crossbow shooter. just on principal you would've gotten a full ride and new Elite bow. They'd probably just make you sign a exclusivity agreement saying you can only shoot an Elite for the rest of your life. lol

Crossbow y/n is the first question on the application.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Crossbow y/n is the first question on the application.

In that case Moog meant to put No and write in "but if necessary - CamX only". His revised application is probably already in the mail.

• Like 1

Trump is still president

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Trump is still president

of course he is. that's why there will be 80 yard men's compound elimination rounds. big target like a block. final selections shoot at a nice big broadsided turkey target. everybody doesn't get all that for free. you've got to earn it.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

In that case Moog meant to put No and write in "but if necessary - CamX only". His revised application is probably already in the mail.

I am confused - academy is anti-crossbow?    Regardless, as said by Marx (or someone), I don't want to be part of any club that would have me for a member.

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I am confused - academy is anti-crossbow?    Regardless, as said by Marx (or someone), I don't want to be part of any club that would have me for a member.

i'm guessing crossbow acceptance might be mediocre. Therefore to really stand out from the crowd, your only saving grace might be to choose only a sister company to Elite that produces crossbows.That'd be company would be CamX.