Strong Star

Nomad

Our daughter stopped by today, she just received another “ Strong Star “ award  ( Strong memorial hospital ) she’s an RN there, her Pt was suicidal , and stated that she was always positive, caring and smiling, and she “ Truly reached him .”  We are very proud of her , and I hope the PT, turns the corner  for good .

Ive had many calls for suicides mostly after the fact and a couple we were able to stop, but to be able to reach a person before ,that stage is truly awesome . My last one was a young gal threatening to jump off an overpass onto 490 , I saw her a few weeks later at a “ children’s center “ ( they always pull the fire alarm ) and she was still messed up, to be able to reach someone before that stage can be life changing .

Just a proud dad, she’s not a paycheck nurse ,she truly cares about the PTs and their families . She must get that from her Mom .

• Like 19

Crazy how the people who SEEM to be the happiest (They always smile.) are the ones fighting the biggest battles.  First responders including nurses and Doctors and Police go through and deal with some of the worst issues in society yet some try to handle things on there own when they really need help or sometimes just someone to talk through the issues.  

Wish I had the opportunity to help some of my closest friends before they choose this path!  Remember someone is always here to help and listen, you are not alone. :cry:

World needs more like her!  Thanks you for all you do! 

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.

1-800-273-8255

• Like 2

On 7/19/2019 at 9:58 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Congrats and kudos to your daughter. My daughter starts over there on the 6th of August. 

Great Bob ! 

Kathy moves to pre and post op, sometime in August , straight days and no weekends , it’s not easy to get those spots . But no nights ,weekends ,and heavy lifting . I worked nights ,weekends and holidays for 28 years, but nurses don’t get to sleep in between calls .... I’d dont know how she did it . Well maybe if I was young again .

do, you know the floor ?

9 hours ago, BeIo said:

Great Bob ! 

Kathy moves to pre and post op, sometime in August , straight days and no weekends , it’s not easy to get those spots . But no nights ,weekends ,and heavy lifting . I worked nights ,weekends and holidays for 28 years, but nurses don’t get to sleep in between calls .... I’d dont know how she did it . Well maybe if I was young again .

do, you know the floor ?

She is a Physical Therapist and working acute care so I do not believe she will be assigned a specific floor. I guess their pay is pretty structured so there isn't much flexibility on hiring deals for wages. They did give her days, 8 am to 4:30 pm and she has one weekend day a month. Their contribution to the 403B retirement is freaking awesome after 2 years. 10%, no matching required 

• Like 2

A PT that’s great ! Kathy works on acute Med. floor . 6 floor the rest of the number I forget .

We recently gave each daughter some money, with the stipulation they increase their contributions to their retirement accts. and use the money to make up any monthly shortfalls in living expenses.  Getting the money in early is key .

The accountant is contributing 17% .

• Like 1