Ben's Tick & Insect Repellent

fasteddie

Has anyone used this for ticks or mosquitoes ? I bought a box of 48 at BJ's for $12.99 plus tax . My wife bought a box of 40 at Amazon for $25 plus tax . I have used different sprays for mosquitoes and never liked them so I thought I would try these . 

91rS0-0OkuL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

I think of DEET for repelling mosquitoes and black flies.  For ticks I use permethrin spray on my clothing.  Permethrin is not a repellent, it is an insecticide.  It is not to be sprayed on your skin, only clothes.  Also, it is toxic to cats.  It works really well for ticks.  

• Like 2

Best I ever used was muskoil 100% deet. It was in an oil and it worked . Even kept the wife and kids away. Pulled the varnish  off the pistol grip of my ruger 10/22. I have a few bottles of it yet.  I have used the pump spray of Ben's... wouldn't say it was any better than 100 percent deep woods off.

11 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Best I ever used was muskoil 100% deet. It was in an oil and it worked . Even kept the wife and kids away. Pulled the varnish  off the pistol grip of my ruger 10/22. I have a few bottles of it yet.  I have used the pump spray of Ben's... wouldn't say it was any better than 100 percent deep woods off.

I guess Muskoil isn't produced anymore? That stuff was the best of all time. Maybe too good...now we're stuck with lesser quality repellents. Curious to know if Muskoil can ward off Lyme ticks.

I guess Muskoil isn't produced anymore? That stuff was the best of all time. Maybe too good...now we're stuck with lesser quality repellents. Curious to know if Muskoil can ward off Lyme ticks.

Anyone remember Chlordane??? In the 80s it was being banned in NY so my dad went to CT and bought what he could find - he used to dig holes around the house and pour that crap right in there. Never had a bug in the house AND I grew an extra toe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1