NY Buck of a Lifetime

DanD

Finally picked up my once in a lifetime NY buck. Highlight of the trip was watching my little guy walk into a taxidermist shop and lose his mind :) .Absolutely thrilled with how this guy turned out! Really happy that I went with a floor pedestal as a wall pedestal wouldn't have worked very well in my basement. Still trying to figure out what direction to face him, and if he should even stay on that wall. He dwarfs my other two bucks something terrible.

Lab came back and said he was a 5.5 year old which seems about right given the cinder block he had for a skull.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

• Like 34

1 minute ago, 518BowSlayer said:

sweet buck! sweet mount! I like the 1st position where it kinda looks like a wall pedestal. those other bucks are still bigger than anything I ever shot!

Took me 12 years to kill my first buck in PA, a little five point. Went through another long dry spell and then I just started getting obnoxiously luck. The 8 point in the upper left was 2016. I shot a busted up 9 point in 2017 (I did a European mount). 2019 was an expensive year. I shot the 10 in the upper right in the ADKs in November, and then I shot this monster in muzzleloader season. Went out looking for a doe for the freezer, and he came trotting through at about 10 am. I about shook myself out of the tree when I saw him. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Heck of a deer. Region 8 buck?

Region 8 yes, Steuben county no :( . I can't seem to make it happen down here even though I've lived in Steuben county for 5+ years. Old man came up from PA the first year we moved here, and he shot a nice 6 point. Otherwise, we've been held buck-less, but it isn't for lack of effort. 

Awesome deer. I saw Steuben county and was going to ask what town. I hunt in 8P and have been eyeing a deer just like yours for a few years. Glad you took him in another county! lol It's amazing seeing something like that in the woods. Congrats on all your deer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Awesome deer. I saw Steuben county and was going to ask what town. I hunt in 8P and have been eyeing a deer just like yours for a few years. Glad you took him in another county! lol It's amazing seeing something like that in the woods. Congrats on all your deer!

Hmmm...I've been keeping tabs on a buck in 8P all summer that may be the biggest I've ever had at my 8P spot. Maybe we're neighbors...lol?

• Like 1