NY Buck of a Lifetime

DanD

18 minutes ago, DanD said:

Don't worry. You won't see me up that way this year. Going to be a rough year to get out with 2 kids under 2 :(

I'm in the same boat with a 1 and 3 year old plus a wife that wants to hunt more this season. I'd be happy to take the first decent 3.5 year old buck that presents an opportunity...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I'm in the same boat with a 1 and 3 year old plus a wife that wants to hunt more this season. I'd be happy to take the first decent 3.5 year old buck that presents an opportunity...

First two does that looks 2+ are getting some form of projectile thrown at them. Any buck over 2.5 will get heavy consideration depending on the day and amount of sleep deprivation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

The only thing more impressive than the quality of the deer up there is the sheer quantity of ticks they possess!

100% agree. They people are also a bit odd. They like carpet in the beds of their trucks???:scratchhead:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DanD said:

100% agree. They people are also a bit odd. They like carpet in the beds of their trucks???:scratchhead:

Hey now, you can attack the post, but not the poster!  Plus I sold the truck.  But the jeep does have carpet too but no blood will be touching that (mostly because I am a crappy hunter).

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Hey now, you can attack the post, but not the poster!  Plus I sold the truck.  But the jeep does have carpet too but no blood will be touching that (mostly because I am a crappy hunter).

lol I think the walls of your house tell a very different story from what I remember. I did hear you had to call in reinforcements in 2018 from 8X who used your gun to fill some freezer space :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sweet Jesus! Love that deer and pic two OR can you put that pedestal on a rotating wheel and have it constantly spinning?!?! So much to see there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, the thought crossed my mind; however, I'm not sure how i would do it where it would be safe for the kids. 

46 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

FYI, if you happen to hit a good one with the new jeep this fall...I'm going to take the class to become a certified scorer for the NYS and northeast BBC next month.

• Like 1

Just now, WNY Bowhunter said:

FYI, if you happen to hit a good one with the new jeep this fall...I'm going to take the class to become a certified scorer for the NYS and northeast BBC next month.

cool - now we can confirm whether my 2019 buck is 75 or 80" with certainty!  Does roadkill count towards the BBC?

Honestly, I am holding out this year.  Opening day bucks were cool but kind of ruined the rest of both seasons.  Now if DanD's twin buck or another crazy 4pter walks by ......