2019 DMP probabilities

steve863

On 7/24/2019 at 6:39 AM, steve863 said:

Here's a good question.  A youngster 12-14 cannot hunt deer yet with a firearm, but are they allowed to apply for a DMP?  Does anyone know the answer or have experience with this?   Nothing in the regulations says that they can't, and since big game and small game licenses are no longer separate licenses, I would think it would be possible.  Unless there is something built in to the licensing computer system to intercept those that are under age?

On 7/24/2019 at 4:07 AM, Swamp_bucks said:

I saw 7p went up i think i have a preference point for it.  Ig my daughter decides to go probably all my doe tags will go to her.  She wont turn 14 until after october 1st so she cant try for them. Or does that not matter for the youth hunters?

Yes a 12 year old can get a DMP, My nephew turned 12 on OCT 1 two years ago and we drove down and got a license and DMP for $5 even though he had no intention of bow hunting just to transfer it to me. He still has no intention to use the dmp this year, since he will more than likely shoot one during youth weekend. 

1 hour ago, Hock3y24 said:

Yes a 12 year old can get a DMP, My nephew turned 12 on OCT 1 two years ago and we drove down and got a license and DMP for $5 even though he had no intention of bow hunting just to transfer it to me. He still has no intention to use the dmp this year, since he will more than likely shoot one during youth weekend. 

Thank you for the info.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Thanks.  So, I think you are saying that a 12 year old can get a DMP even without purchasing bow privileges or having a bow hunters safety certificate? 

On 7/24/2019 at 9:19 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I was asking specifically for the farms he was hunting

I hunt one farm . As far as I know they get the Dmaps, In the past they have gotten a couple ddp , but who really wants to mess around with dead deer in warm weather and such .

Btw some of the workers at your qdma banquet hunt the same farm .

I hunt one farm . As far as I know they get the Dmaps, In the past they have gotten a couple ddp , but who really wants to mess around with dead deer in warm weather and such .
Btw some of the workers at your qdma banquet hunt the same farm .

I am very interested in getting access to ddp’s for some Field to Fork hunts. They are usually doe only and fits the theme of the program perfectly. Management while securing s wholesome food source

I’d like to help you out , but if I remember correctly the farm only got a couple in the past and the farmers used them .

I could probably have a hunter and mentor come with me and give them a Dmap , if needed . I thought about being a mentor ,  but I’m still mentoring my daughter ....

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:34 AM, steve863 said:

Thanks.  So, I think you are saying that a 12 year old can get a DMP even without purchasing bow privileges or having a bow hunters safety certificate? 

A 12 year old license is only $5, they don’t have a charge for bow or dmp. 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Mine was 65 because I couldn't renew fishing yet.

$65? how? Mine was $72 (no fishing).

$22 Hunting

$15 ML

$15 Bow

$10 Turkey

$10 DMP

total is $72

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I thought he said 65 , I'll check when I get home . Obviously I didn't look at the receipt. 

you may have a lawsuit on your hands. If they overcharged you, you are entitled to free lifetime licenses!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:13 PM, Hock3y24 said:

Don't know how you managed this, but NO cigar for me.  Took my 12 year old son to get his first license at a Walmart yesterday and the DEC system has a block on DMP selections for youngsters 12 and 13 and who do not have bow privileges.  Maybe if a kid had a bow safety training certificate it would work, otherwise NO dice. 

4 hours ago, steve863 said:

Don't know how you managed this, but NO cigar for me.  Took my 12 year old son to get his first license at a Walmart yesterday and the DEC system has a block on DMP selections for youngsters 12 and 13 and who do not have bow privileges.  Maybe if a kid had a bow safety training certificate it would work, otherwise NO dice. 

My nephew does has his bow cert, just didn’t plan on hunting bow.