Honey bees

Paula

If you find a local person they usually come and take them no charge.  Theres someone in my area who has a huge buisness usually call and they come and get them but its been 10yrs since i had to they might not now.  Dont no where your out of but Kutics Honey Farm in oxford might take care of it for you.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

Some bee keepers they rent them out to farms  for pollination of plants . Pretty interesting business. 

I think bee keepers are scarce in NY . Friends of ours have a huge Apple Farm . They have paid a bee keeper from Florida to come to their orchards . The bee keeper does other farms in Wayne County also . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I think bee keepers are scarce in NY . Friends of ours have a huge Apple Farm . They have paid a bee keeper from Florida to come to their orchards . The bee keeper does other farms in Wayne County also . 

There was some bee virus a  few years back I remember hearing about killed off a lot of them  not sure if that effected the bee keepers  in new york . that could be the reason there scares now .

What's the cost, just wondering

They have been there for a while. The beekeeper i spoke to today said i should keep them til spring, less chance of them surviving if moved now. Its also not free to give them away. :-/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, TACC said:

What's the cost, just wondering

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Up to $500, I think it depends on size. The way he explained depending on where it is also, they make the area almost better so no other bees move in.

I know nothing about bees except how to kill them. I also have a hornet's nest in my tree 

Up to $500, I think it depends on size. The way he explained depending on where it is also, they make the area almost better so no other bees move in.
I know nothing about bees except how to kill them. I also have a hornet's nest in my tree 

Kill the hornets those bastards suck!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had honey bees in a tree that the county cut down. Didn’t know until the tree was down and they left me the logs for firewood.

I put an add on Craigslist for free honey bees. I had about 4 people contact me wanting to pick them up.

Give that I try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2