Toyota Tacoma up grades

2012_taco

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Nice, did the leaf go in the spring pack or is it a bolted on add on ? 

It goes between the leaf springs and the big helper spring. So basically you have to take the spring pack apart an add the new leaf. I had a price form local spring shop of $400 installed, I did it myself (with a little help from some neighbors) for $115. and about 4 hours labor. It took me about 3 hours to do the first side, and once i knew what I was doing the other side went much faster.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

It goes between the leaf springs and the big helper spring. So basically you have to take the spring pack apart an add the new leaf. I had a price form local spring shop of $400 installed, I did it myself (with a little help from some neighbors) for $115. and about 4 hours labor. It took me about 3 hours to do the first side, and once i knew what I was doing the other side went much faster.

How’s the ride with the leaf in the pack ? Did it stiffen up a bit ? 

Nice, did the leaf go in the spring pack or is it a bolted on add on ? 

Hellwig makes a add-a-leaf that just goes right on top using U bolts to hold it on there. Crank down on the U bolts to stiffen it up. I put them on my F150 last summer. Cheap too, $162 if I remember right.

15 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

I needed new tires and my factory steel wheels were starting to rust so I picked up a set of brand new alloy wheels with new tires from Craigslist. They fit great and look pretty good to!

IMG_20190725_065007878.jpg

Only thing I'm disappointed in my 2017......steel wheels rusting and they are going to be a pain to clean up.

Those look good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Tim HAD steel wheels. They were rusty, hence the swap. 

I get that....hence me quoting pic with new wheels and commenting my steelies are already rusting like his but only went through one winter.

I'm probably going to swap out to alloy take offs when I see a set too. Not much has come up my way within reasonable distance as of yet, still shopping.

Edited by Dinsdale