Headed to cabin with my 15 year old.

First-light

My 19 year old daughters boyfriend is coming down so she can't come. We decided this weekend would be like the weekends we spent when they were in single digits. Get to the cabin unload. See what we needed and off to Canisteo to Wegmans and the dollar store. I used to give them 10 bucks each to buy stuff. Probably she will ask for 20! Back to the cabin and mow the yard take a ride on the quad. Fires Friday and Saturday night. At some point lay in the field and look up at the stars for satelites and shooting stars. Do some antiquing and fishing, enjoy life. No work this weekend!!!!

• Like 22

9 hours ago, kpkot said:

Enjoy your time sounds like fun. Did u fix that toilet problem?

Yes we I did. Had a lot of advice but the most important thing was to regrade the property. The water now runs away from the cabin in the backyard. I cut the pipe and put a furnco fitting in for more flexibility. Also bought a new toilet!!

Edited by First-light
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, First-light said:

My 19 year old daughters boyfriend is coming down so she can't come. We decided this weekend would be like the weekends we spent when they were in single digits. Get to the cabin unload. See what we needed and off to Canisteo to Wegmans and the dollar store. I used to give them 10 bucks each to buy stuff. Probably she will ask for 20! Back to the cabin and mow the yard take a ride on the quad. Fires Friday and Saturday night. At some point lay in the field and look up at the stars for satelites and shooting stars. Do some antiquing and fishing, enjoy life. No work this weekend!!!!

That’s sounds great, enjoy ..

Weekend was great! We got to the cabin by 10:30 Friday morning. Met my brother half way and he checked on the rentals in Cortland. All good. ( anyone needs a college rental in cortland send me a PM) Mowed the grass got some ice cream checked the trail cameras all good. Had some decent bucks nothing crazy big. We did some shooting with the wanna be West Point Cadet. Took my dads 1940 bolt action 22 out. 30 yards nails the target standing time after time. Took a shot gun out and put a slug into it. Told her what to expect and just aim at the log 30 yards out. She nailed that too. Todays arm was a little black and blue but she likes that shit! Was a really good weekend wish I had more time with her up there. Here is the video of the 22 shot. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Thats what its allllll about....

and she says this morning "Dad wish we could have one more day but I promised to help out at the soccer camp with the little kids Monday morning" 

all good priorities straight! lol

Edited by First-light
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, First-light said:

and she says this morning "Dad wish we could have one more day but I promised to help out at the soccer camp with the little kids Monday morning" 

all good priorities straight! lol

Awesome stuff! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2019 at 7:32 PM, First-light said:

Weekend was great! We got to the cabin by 10:30 Friday morning. Met my brother half way and he checked on the rentals in Cortland. All good. ( anyone needs a college rental in cortland send me a PM) Mowed the grass got some ice cream checked the trail cameras all good. Had some decent bucks nothing crazy big. We did some shooting with the wanna be West Point Cadet. Took my dads 1940 bolt action 22 out. 30 yards nails the target standing time after time. Took a shot gun out and put a slug into it. Told her what to expect and just aim at the log 30 yards out. She nailed that too. Todays arm was a little black and blue but she likes that shit! Was a really good weekend wish I had more time with her up there. Here is the video of the 22 shot. 

Might need one for my younger sister next year.

Send me your email and ill get it to her. Cortland rental that is. 

• Like 1

Burt,

My teen girls have also entered the "dating zone" and time with Dad is seldom.

I am glad you had a great weekend and some much deserved family time at your camp.

Stay well and my sincerest best wishes.

Dan

Edited by Salmon_Run
correction
  • Like 1