The New to Market Culver Creek ATV Plow

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Geared or hydro ? LOL

No kidding.  I do two plots of less than 1.5 acres total.  I ain't buying a tractor.  The plots seem to grow just fine the way we do them with the ATV and I have a wheeler for picking up deer and to ride for fun.   We all don't farm big spreads and have a need for a huge tractor.   What the heck would I do with a tractor at my suburban home.  lol

• Like 1

Just now, G-Man said:

I agree but he likes it,  I take mine off the kioti for a lot of work as it's in the way.

The loader takes away the power/weight advantage of the 8n.   Also, no power steering, no front wheel power, and light front axle are all bad for a front loader.

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Hopefully it won't be an issue.  I sprayed three times this year and its pretty bare right now.  What little was lift I cut yesterday but we shall see.

Good deal sir!

It Sounds like its good enough to just broadcast and roll or let a steady rain bury seed for you! Keep us posted mr! 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

No kidding.  I do two plots of less than 1.5 acres total.  I ain't buying a tractor.  The plots seem to grow just fine the way we do them with the ATV and I have a wheeler for picking up deer and to ride for fun.   We all don't farm big spreads and have a need for a huge tractor.   What the heck would I do with a tractor at my suburban home.  lol

you can put it in your 100x100' garage...........I need your garage!

• Like 1

So the Culver Creek ATV Plow was a huge success.   Spray, cut and today was plow, spread seed followed by drag.   Easily turned over top few inches.    It worked really really well.  Rain cooperates and I expect a solid plot.  Did soy beans and a brassica mix.  Will hit it with fertilizer in 4 -6 weeks.  Also moved two stands and checked/restrapped about 12 more. Solid day.  Thanks Bob!

F210BD37-3BF3-45C5-BEB5-70FC19A3A45C.jpeg

• Like 10

Glad it worked out, I thought maybe it would bounce to much and not cut into the soil. 

The area with the most rocks did make it bounce a bit. That actually worked out really well because it kept the teeth totally clean. I would expect next years use on the plot would be much easier with less passes since the sod is all broken up now. Should start rotting out
  • Like 1

So the Culver Creek ATV Plow was a huge success.   Spray, cut and today was plow, spread seed followed by drag.   Easily turned over top few inches.    It worked really really well.  Rain cooperates and I expect a solid plot.  Did soy beans and a brassica mix.  Will hit it with fertilizer in 4 -6 weeks.  Also moved two stands and checked/restrapped about 12 more. Solid day.  Thanks Bob!
F210BD37-3BF3-45C5-BEB5-70FC19A3A45C.thumb.jpeg.d3bf87c2498d5db241c063d66179ed56.jpeg

Any time Brian