Hunting chairs

Swamp_bucks

Im looking for a decent hunting chair with adjustable legs to get leveled out on uneven ground and portable.  Realized while setting up blinds this weekend neither spot is flat.  So my normal bucket or lawn chairs wont work to well.  Trying to keep it under $60 if possible.  Found a bunch online just want to see what some of you have used or currently using.

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/field-stream-rotating-blind-chair-16fnsufsltmtrttngtsb/16fnsufsltmtrttngtsb

I bought 2 of these last year. Very comfortable and seem pretty quiet. 2 legs adjust so it is good on uneven ground. I think they had a more expensive one that had arms. it comes apart into 2 pieces and the legs fold up. NOT the easiest thing to carry though and we left them in the blinds during the season. 

• Like 1

A few years ago, Aldis was selling a small three-legged folding camo hunting stool that has lower back support and is easily carried for $ 9.00.    The legs are not adjustable, but as long as the grade is not that steep, you can position the back-rest for maximum comfort.   

My favorite chair, without a blind, is a hammock-style seat with a single telescoping front pedestal leg and a strap on back to attach to a tree.   That thing is so comfortable that it is easy to fall asleep in it.  It is no good in the rain though (you will get a wet behind sitting in that "funnel", even if you deploy a tree umbrella, as the water running off the tree will fill the hammock).   The best thing about it is that you can swivel a full 360 degrees to shoot deer all the way around.   The last buck that I shot from mine appeared directly behind me, but I was able to silently make the turn and put him down in his tracks with a single well-placed shot.  The cost was less than $30 and it is very easy to carry.        

How about one of these:

https://shop.hawkhunting.com/any-angle-tree-seat/

or one of these:

https://shop.hawkhunting.com/hangout-tree-seat/

CamoFire has them both on sale all the time for $24 each. I'm an ageing stillhunter and my back gets very tight at times, where I need to sit for awhile and rest it/stretch it. I  bought several of these and have placed them at various locations all over our property. They are quick and easy to install and take down. They're padded, quiet and they swivel.

Edited by eaglemountainman

13 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I have a chair similar to this in my Quad-Pod Blind . It is comfortable and the legs are adjustable . It's actually a shower chair .

Medline Bath Chair with Microban Antimicrobial Treatment

I saw one of these online.  I was considering it.  Just dont think it would be easy to take in and out or from blind to blind.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

1 hour ago, eaglemountainman said:

How about one of these:

https://shop.hawkhunting.com/any-angle-tree-seat/

or one of these:

https://shop.hawkhunting.com/hangout-tree-seat/

CamoFire has them both on sale all the time for $24 each. I'm an ageing stillhunter and my back gets very tight at times, where I need to sit for awhile and rest it/stretch it. I  bought several of these and have placed them at various locations all over our property. They are quick and easy to install and take down. They're padded, quiet and they swivel.

I like these but 2 of the blinds are in blow downs so theres not much to place seat on.  Ide like to get one i can takr from blind to blind.

6 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I like these but 2 of the blinds are in blow downs so theres not much to place seat on.  Ide like to get one i can takr from blind to blind.

Don't know your specific setup, but the Any Angle seat can even be placed on a horizontal log.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWyOJP4cFOs3iNPWKcM

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I figured that since he wanted it for a blind there wouldn't be a tree...lol

He didn't specify what type of blind he has.

Not true just   chainsaw the  tree down  shorter then  roof of the blind  or if you are lucky maybe you could  find one dead that's already like that . So far I never had that kind of luck lol 

Besides he didn't say what type of blind he has some don't have roofs  or it could be Hommade ground blind  . 

download.jpeg-3.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

He didn't specify what type of blind he has.

Not true just   chainsaw the  tree down  shorter then  roof of the blind  or if you are lucky maybe you could  find one dead that's already like that . So far I never had that kind of luck lol 

Besides he didn't say what type of blind he has some don't have roofs  or it could be Hommade ground blind  . 

download.jpeg-3.jpg

I've gotten pretty fond of surplus office chairs

• Like 1