Blackflash cams invisible?

This guy seems to have no problem picking it out...

20190729_154741.thumb.jpg.aee301cfa27a9e9dffcf0b9bf8273e7e.jpg

received_355534932031518.thumb.jpeg.71c4b24eed786bb7e51f7b7f20141914.jpeg

received_1336843883166198.thumb.jpeg.fb85c312bb1c286b293c29d56b4412cb.jpeg

received_2522761891109744.thumb.jpeg.8a58a613d57021b60d2626aa5f5be071.jpeg

received_371226263772753.thumb.jpeg.aa81ee0429040600b2c31b85b6d4cc78.jpeg

received_365695597445969.thumb.jpeg.ae7996ad729eedb280ef09c98228ab96.jpeg

I keep buying the black flash/no flash cams but I really don't think they make much difference to the deer at close range. They quite often seem to be looking directly at the cams but never seem spooked by them. Guess I could always hang them higher.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

They hear the bulbs warming up . Same happens in white flash or ir camera. I prefer white flash as I like color.. you dont buy a black and white TV why do you accept black and white photos....

Many of my cams are field edge sets that are visible from the road. I'd had to advertise their presence with a bright white flash.

Just now, WNY Bowhunter said:

Many of my cams are field edge sets that are visible from the road. I'd had to advertise their presence with a bright white flash.

You can see the red glow from ir and purple from black flash as well.  Sometimes I can hear a camera warm up as I walk by them..

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

You can see the red glow from ir and purple from black flash as well.  Sometimes I can hear a camera warm up as I walk by them..

These cams are visible from the road but still several hundred yards from the road...you'd have pretty good eyes to see the red IR flash.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

3 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Again no worries.  You have some big horns to block the flash.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t think it’s the sound or the glow, but they are probably noticing the presence of a cam that hasn’t been there before, at least for the cams that I use. I have pics of deer that spot my cam, even during the daylight from a distance. My avatar is from one of my cell cams. I notice that when I first hang a cam, sometimes deer will notice something new, but not get alarmed. After it’s been there for a while, they no longer pay much attention to it, but may just glance at it now and then. 

Btw, those are some beautiful bucks. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:09 PM, G-Man said:

They hear the bulbs warming up . Same happens in white flash or ir camera. I prefer white flash as I like color.. you dont buy a black and white TV why do you accept black and white photos....

that pic tells me all I need to know without color haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

get back to vaca! lol, invite me up, i'll miss him for you!

Leaving tomorrow morning...hope to get back home early enough to check cams in the afternoon before having to work the next three days.

As for missing...it's not you...it's probably the mathews! 

Edited by WNY Bowhunter