posted signs/decals

Engraver99

got tired of replacing the tyvek posted signs where your name and address can't be read after awhile which is needed to legally post your land. Also the the fact they they eventually get blown away or partially unfastened from the tree/fence/etc.. This year decided to make my own by using outdoor rated printed vinyl decal on .02 aluminum backing. The decals are 12"x12" with my name and address printed on them and meet the dec legal posted sign requirements. They should last 5+ years without having to replace them and still be read. hoping I don't have to do it again for a long while.

posted1.jpg

Edited by Engraver99
  • Like 2

got tired of replacing the tyvek posted signs where your name and address can't be read after awhile which is needed to legally post your land. Also the the fact they they eventually get blown away or partially unfastened from the tree/fence/etc.. This year decided to make my own by using outdoor rated printed vinyl decal on .02 aluminum backing. The decals are 12"x12" with my name and address printed on them and meet the dec legal posted sign requirements. They should last 5+ years without having to replace them and still be read. hoping I don't have to do it again for a long while.
posted1.jpg.93d3dba96b48c9d57938e70873739bc6.jpg

So what was ur cost on these signs and what ru using to attach to trees/posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, b3h said:

So what was ur cost on these signs and what ru using to attach to trees/posts?

The decals will be put on .02 aluminum. Since I do signs, plaques, trophies, and custom engraving (stone/glass/pavers/etc) for a living my costs were pretty low as all my supplies I get at wholesale rates. - I think my costs were around $3/sign everything considered.

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My Dad bought these https://seriouspropertymarkers.com/  it's a WNY company actually. We put them (custom signs) up in 2016 and they all look brand new still.

wow, those are a pretty cheap alternative even with the custom option to have name and address cut into them. Might have to pick some of those guys up also.!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

wow, those are a pretty cheap alternative even with the custom option to have name and address cut into them. Might have to pick some of those guys up also.!

Yea, they look great and work great for a very reasonable price.

• Like 1

When you buy the plastic ones do not screw or nail it tight to the tree allow for tree growth . I used screws so I can back them out in time. The only ones that are faded are the ones in my field, but them up over 15 years ago. No need to replace them because if you can’t figure out what they are you’re blind. Great product!

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My Dad bought these https://seriouspropertymarkers.com/  it's a WNY company actually. We put them (custom signs) up in 2016 and they all look brand new still.

How’s the quality? Typos ?! We don’t work much here in WNY.  Hopefully they weren’t made on a Monday either .... or Friday or Tuesday through Thursday for that matter.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

How’s the quality? Typos ?! We don’t work much here in WNY.  Hopefully they weren’t made on a Monday either .... or Friday or Tuesday through Thursday for that matter.  

They came out great. He had name/address added to the bottom. They are a hard plastic but un effected by wind because the air blows right through the holes.

I’m shocked you WNY guys haven’t been using them for years. We just found them randomly online

On 7/30/2019 at 11:16 PM, TACC said:

I found a local print guy that printed our posted signs on the same reflective material as stop signs, cost about $5 a sign, will last forever

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

? why would you pay $5 a sign when you can pay about a $1.05  at Voss

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Team Hoyt said:

Just got my shipment of signs from serious property markers. They look great and seem like very good quality. Time will tell how they hold up in the woods. They look like they'll last. I'll be hanging them this weekend 

Nice! Ours on year 4 and look brand new.

• 3 weeks later...