New Law - Safe Storage of Firearms in New York State

https://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=S02450&term=2019&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Text=Y&Committee%26nbspVotes=Y&Floor%26nbspVotes=Y#

I read supporters said this law was needed to protect children from accessing firearms to commit suicide.  More children are dying from illegal drugs and texting while driving.  So do we need a law that requires illegal drugs be locked up and cell phones be locked up while driving a motor vehicle?

So the same politicians in New York State who claim to care so much about children dying from guns, support murdering children by abortion.

• Like 3

I actually am surprised it’s taken this long for the NY Democrats to start rolling out more useless gun laws. But as the saying gos never waist a tragedy, the shooting in California has everyone on guard again. 

Its only going to get worse guys..

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

I live alone.  No kids in my house.  So, I assume if my house is locked, I'm legal, no?

I'm in the same situation, Rattler. My entire house could be considered a "gun vault". And even the more stupid adults who somehow end up in my house are vociferously warned that every gun they see is loaded and ready. Stay away, and don't touch anything.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ADK Native said:

https://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=S02450&term=2019&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Text=Y&Committee%26nbspVotes=Y&Floor%26nbspVotes=Y#

I read supporters said this law was needed to protect children from accessing firearms to commit suicide.  More children are dying from illegal drugs and texting while driving.  So do we need a law that requires illegal drugs be locked up and cell phones be locked up while driving a motor vehicle?

So the same politicians in New York State who claim to care so much about children dying from guns, support murdering children by abortion.

in 2017, NY had  292 total homicides by firearms. 

Depending on the year you look at the deaths due to vehicle accidents is between 1,100 and 1,200. National analysis assert that 14% of all vehicle deaths are a result of cell phone use by the driver. So you could attribute in NY that between 154 and 168 deaths are a direct result of cell phone use by the driver and that doesn't track those distracted using a cell phone and get hit by a car/driver NOT using a cell phone. Pedestrian on a phone as an example. That is better than half the number so you point would sure be valid if you added in drugs. (even prescription drugs) 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 10:21 PM, ADK Native said:

you don't make a good argument. there is a law against driving while texting and a law against drugs. There is not a law against owning a pistol so long as it's permitted.