The most annoying person first thing in the morning---The Coffee Chemist.

Pet peeve of mine and one that reallllllly irritates me first thing in the morning. THE COFFEE CHEMIST.  

I usually make coffee at home before work. If I do stop for it on the way in it is usually because I am running later than I want to be. SO this type of person is NOT the one I want in front of me. They get their coffee and then proceed to the table with the cream and sugar. They add a little sugar and a little cream. They stir. They sip. They add a little sugar and a little cream. They stir. They sip. They add a little sugar and a little cream. They stir. They sip. They add a little sugar and a little cream. They stir. They sip. all while standing squarely in the middle so no one else can use the ingredients. 

Today was the day that I had to finally say something and the look on this guys face was priceless. I finally had to ask him. "It's a hard habit to kick once you start. why would you choose to start drinking coffee today?" He looked at me bewildered and said he has been drinking coffee for decades. I followed up with  "oh. I am sorry. I would have thought that after all that time you would have figured out how much cream and sugar you like" He didn't find my comments as amusing as I did. 

Rant over

• Like 9
  • Haha 13

Worse yet is the lottery person getting a fist full of different scratch offs, and separate mega, and daily numbers, while asking how the clerk's kids are doing, and there's a line of people waiting.   

As far as the coffee goes, you'll never have to worry about me holding you up. Can't stand the stuff...:bad:

• Like 2

How about the guy in front of you at Dunkin that has a car full of people all unsure of what they want, and has to ask a dozen questions about everything? Then they pay separately, and make change, ask more questions, and then doesn't pull up far enough to clear the window for you while they pass out food in the car and rearrange everything.

I try to be quick "One large hot regular, two creams" GO!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

In the summer I like to get iced coffee at Tim Horton's. My order is: large iced coffee, light ice, 4 cream, 2 splenda, and a sugar free vanilla shot. Seems straightforward to me, but Mrs. Goose always gives me a hard time about it.

• Like 1

This is one of the things I love about NYC.

"What'll it be?"

"Large coffee, milk, no sugar."

"$1.75."

The whole process takes 21 seconds.

I lost my mind more than a few times in SF trying to order a coffee where they gave me a rundown on history of the beans, how they did in school, turn ons and pet peeves. I finally stopped one guy who was proceeding to do a pourover.

"You don't have a machine?"

"It only takes 7 minutes, don't you have 7 minutes?"

"I do, but not for this."

I left the city shortly after that.

• Like 1

I’m a Coffee snob. But my order is simple. Cold brew or ice coffee straight black. Either the coffee is good or it sucks. Milk, sugar, etc. should not be put in coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, goosifer said:

In the summer I like to get iced coffee at Tim Horton's. My order is: large iced coffee, light ice, 4 cream, 2 splenda, and a sugar free vanilla shot. Seems straightforward to me, but Mrs. Goose always gives me a hard time about it.

But you know exactly what you like. That is perfect. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grampy said:

:taunt: You sir made my morning!!!   

I am going to steal your statement and response, if you don't mind. It's perfect!

Got a Coffee Chemist at the Stewarts in Altamont!!!

Have at it. Actually busting his balls turned my foul mood becasue of him into a pleasant ride in. I wish I had a picture of the face he made at that comment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, left field said:

This is one of the things I love about NYC.

"What'll it be?"

"Large coffee, milk, no sugar."

"$1.75."

The whole process takes 21 seconds.

I lost my mind more than a few times in SF trying to order a coffee where they gave me a rundown on history of the beans, how they did in school, turn ons and pet peeves. I finally stopped one guy who was proceeding to do a pourover.

"You don't have a machine?"

"It only takes 7 minutes, don't you have 7 minutes?"

"I do, but not for this."

I left the city shortly after that.

I remember years ago when people would just order a "coffee, regular" from a small kiosk at a corner in midtown. They would come in the white and blue greek pattern cups. Also would get an egg on roll sandwich. I wonder if NYC still has those guys.

8 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I remember years ago when people would just order a "coffee, regular" from a small kiosk at a corner in midtown. They would come in the white and blue greek pattern cups. Also would get an egg on roll sandwich. I wonder if NYC still has those guys.

Those cups are definitely still around. I think any of the street cart vendors that sell coffee use those. They are tiny

• Like 1

Many coffee drinkers have weird rituals, that's for darned sure.   I hate to see people bringing these huge cups into the train and then trying to keep control of it while the train is rocking back and forth.  Meanwhile you are sitting below where they are standing and you just wait for them to lose control of the cup and spill the hot coffee all over you.

My biggest pet peeve is people who insist on getting into a crowded train with their backpacks on.  Many of these backpacks are over a foot thick and these SOB's are totally oblivious to the fact that they are pretty much taking up the space where another person could fit with these backpacks firmly attached to their backs.  I can't stand it.  If you guys hear a news report of someone slashing a backpack off another subway riders back and then stabbing them in the neck with a hunting knife, it will probably be me.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Those cups are definitely still around. I think any of the street cart vendors that sell coffee use those. They are tiny

Correction - they aren't tiny, they are what a "regular" should be. Man, I hate the way we've screwed up what is a "normal" amount of food and drink. Wonder why we're fat? Here, have 64 ounces of pop with your 2000 calorie lunch.

image.png.7cb3f82ac3edbdaf0fcc8fd733e30866.png

History of the greek coffee cup or the "Anthora". Surprisingly, it was a play by a cup manufacturer to appeal to the many greek coffee vendors in the city.

https://untappedcities.com/2017/06/21/nyc-fun-facts-the-story-behind-the-famous-greek-coffee-cups/

5 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Medium coffee double double please

Tim Hortons classic order.

“I’m going to collect the loonies and toonies out of my knapsack and head to the Beer Store for a two-four. On my way back, I’ll pick us up a double-double and some Timbits, then we can have that back bacon for breakfast. If you spill your Tim’s because I’m driving 20 clicks over the speed limit, I’ll give you a serviette to use in the washroom. And don’t worry—I’ve got a mickey of vodka to put in our Caesars. Save me a seat on the chesterfield, eh?”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, left field said:

Correction - they aren't tiny, they are what a "regular" should be. Man, I hate the way we've screwed up what is a "normal" amount of food and drink. Wonder why we're fat? Here, have 64 ounces of pop with your 2000 calorie lunch.

History of the greek coffee cup or the "Anthora". Surprisingly, it was a play by a cup manufacturer to appeal to the many greek coffee vendors in the city.

https://untappedcities.com/2017/06/21/nyc-fun-facts-the-story-behind-the-famous-greek-coffee-cups/

Haha, learned something new today.  From my experience Greek pride is so over the top that it makes total sense that they would put their own spin on the cups.  By the way those types of cups stink and are the ones people spill the most.  The coffee heat comes right thru cup to the fingers of the person holding it and they are accidents just waiting to happen.

22 minutes ago, left field said:

Large coffee or small coffee, no difference in calories. I used to use a french press which considers a "cup" 4oz. like europeans. so i would drink 4 cups = 16oz. 

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I refuse to say grande or tall or whatever else Starbucks calls small, medium, large when I am forced to go in there.

So you must get a kick when Mr happycock  with the high pitched voice  says this as his order  in there when you are in a rush . I will have  The Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice . :)

Yea they are still around you see them at lots of diners too