OnionTown, NY (Dutchess County)

BizCT

Who has the inside scoop on OnionTown in Dover ?

I was telling the WNY guys about all the crazy stories that are out there, articles written, and YouTube videos. Anyone ever been there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Nope. I think they are just people that want to be left alone and probably play up all the myths and that probably now helps them stay more to themselves instead of being harassed by asshats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Who has the inside scoop on OnionTown in Dover ?

I was telling the WNY guys about all the crazy stories that are out there, articles written, and YouTube videos. Anyone ever been there?

I say you hop in that new truck of yours and take a drive. Nothing like boots on the ground first hand knowledge. Just tell them you are a city boy who got lost scouting for deer. Just a tip, you may want to bring an actual country boy with a tooth or three missing, might put you in better standing. :laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I say you hop in that new truck of yours and take a drive. Nothing like boots on the ground first hand knowledge. Just tell them you are a city boy who got lost scouting for deer. Just a tip, you may want to bring an actual country boy with a tooth or three missing, might put you in better standing. :laugh:

I have no interest in going there. Btw, I grew up in Putnam County which is a far cry from NYC.

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Nope. I think they are just people that want to be left alone and probably play up all the myths and that probably now helps them stay more to themselves instead of being harassed by asshats

I wonder if this backfired on them and every 19 year old with a road beer and some buddies shows up there to screw with them though?

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I wonder if this backfired on them and every 19 year old with a road beer and some buddies shows up there to screw with them though?

That's exactly what happened about 10 years ago. The YouTube videos went viral and kids were showing up all the time for confrontations. The results weren't good. Youtube pulled the videos down.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4wqxvd/peeling-oniontown-0000126-v19n1  Very interesting and well written article here by someone who was let in to conduct interviews.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Sweet, I'm going on Zillow now

• Haha 2

I have no interest in going there. Btw, I grew up in Putnam County which is a far cry from NYC.

You're right it's worse than onion town over by where you're from. You guys are my town's onion town haha

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

You're right it's worse than onion town over by where you're from. You guys are my town's onion town haha

That's correct. I'm the truest hillbilly on this forum. I use to shit in the woods for fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That's correct. I'm the truest hillbilly on this forum. I use to shit in the woods for fun!

Used too? I still do! Then I rub my *** on the tree to wipe. This is my new method for marking how to get to my sits. :taunt:

• Like 2

th?id=OIP.80dXgdy8nrRBqC66LqAWkgHaFj%26w=231%26h=173%26c=7%26o=5%26pid=1.7&key=7280ced89a971fe9f135e99585c84e0095539e84bbea5fec5fe01e3d28901bad Na, I've seen Jeremy shoot

Holy $hit- I never seen Jermey without his Ballcap on! How do he tuck all that under there!

I have never been or heard of Onion Town. However I am now intrigued.
Thinking of taking my canoe for a down river trip this weekend with some friends
5ca075f960faad875e28db4b2337240c.jpg
ccd84bd277ceddee58fb1b6a58d5f23f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1