OnionTown, NY (Dutchess County)

BizCT

7 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

There are these  old abandoned  buildings I don't know if it's a hospital insane asylum or prison on the way up there that's even more creepy then anything else around there .

Holy crap, man up Stormy! Dirt roads and abandoned buildings got you scared? 

I call that a fun Sunday afternoon drive!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, old man river said:

It is in a way. Now where, I shoot clay pigeons near Pine Island in Onion Country for 12 years now-- that large piece is open. Owner lives in Iowa. A Farm worker who used to work at Walmart with me put me and big Chris onto this awesome place  to shoot. And, I have taken some monster Spring Gobblers here also. Now the land right next to this has the lowest of the low deer hunters hunting there. Nasty Local Dudes! Just this past Late April-- big Chris,his friend and I were shooting handguns,rifles,and shotguns like we have for 12 years. Now this other group was patterning for upcoming Spring Turkey Season just like, I was. So one of them-- a guy in his mid- 40s comes up to me and says Loudly in my face-- Where are you going to be on opening day!! Wrong move on his part. I said Anywhere, I want. Things got heated until, I said -- lets you and, I go right now to the Town Clerk and have her open the Plat Map to these 2 Unposted properties.He backed down and moved away quickly. These guys have been known to bait deer with corn and those Blocks. Just a few years back while pheasant hunting over here on the open land, I found a few corn piles and some of those Lick Blocks. These local Dudes are just pissed that somehow our little group found out about this open area. And you know--- their land is not posted at all?!

I hear ya, but "Oniontown" is only called that because it's on Oniontown Road.....not because of black dirt onion farm region 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hear ya, but "Oniontown" is only called that because it's on Oniontown Road.....not because of black dirt onion farm region 

Read somewhere a while back it had to do with the onion fields near by that the locals worked.

I've heard rumors about that place for years and I don't live anywhere near it. Kind of like the "Allen Towns" here and in PA.

22 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Never is:mosking:

Just now, old man river said:

I feel the same way about you-- always have..

Ding, Ding, Ding............next HNY forum charity boxing match: Bionic vs. Bill in the "East of Cooperstown, South of Lake George" division.

6 minutes ago, old man river said:

I feel the same way about you-- always have..

Thats because you have just so much on me that upsets you, because we have had so many conversations.  

Other than a disagreement or two, we haven’t really had any conversation.

good to know.

the quoted post had a giggle fave added because I was originally just kidding around.  I should have known what I dealing with by now, shame on me.

• Like 1

Ding, Ding, Ding............next HNY forum charity boxing match: Bionic vs. Bill in the "East of Cooperstown, South of Lake George" division.

I’ll take Bio with one hand tied behind his back...I’ll even let Billy pick the Hand!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im snooping around oniontown on Onx, you guys need to join this cult. Theyve got some acreage!

https://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?12,134036

I remember when @grampy @Bionic and @Jdubs tried to get me to join their "hunting club" called NXIVM!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXIVM 

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Why don't you just go up there and just  check it out for yourself  maybe its  a lot like Scarsdale with a nice  temple  you could visit .

It's really not that bad up there .

NXIVM is shut down. You haven't heard?

• Haha 1

I live right down road from onion town............  Personally I think it is alot of BS.....  I have never encountered anything..........  I think something stupid happened like 30 years ago and the tale has grown but I have never seen anything..........   

• Like 1

I live right down road from onion town............  Personally I think it is alot of BS.....  I have never encountered anything..........  I think something stupid happened like 30 years ago and the tale has grown but I have never seen anything..........   

Less than 15 years ago several people who went in ended up in the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard some kids a few years back got there cars messed up cause they were taunting the teenagers that lived there but that could happen anywhere....  I know a couple people that live there...  There a little off but If you do not mess with them they will not mess with you...... 

• Like 3