OnionTown, NY (Dutchess County)

BizCT

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I was telling the WNY guys about all the crazy stories that are out there, articles written, and YouTube videos. Anyone ever been there?

Absolutely all true!

Did a big project not too far from there and up by Ten Mile River train station (Harlem line)

Most of my stories center around a contractors brother who would occasionally show up to work between stints in Dutchess County Jail....DWI, assault, possession with intent, firearms violation, order of protection......

Mullet and 2 kids with them too....

Foreclosed on a house co-signed by brother I worked for and they couldn't make a payment on a $19K trailer. LOL

Closest thing Dutchess has too being like Ulster County.:rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Onion town is a small section of dover plains. 

I've been told it was originally called young man's town as it was a depression area work camp.  Unemployed men found work there as part of the new deal.

Name morphed to onion town somewhere down the line.

Local kids from putnam and dutchess routinely harass those living there.  Rumors spread of back country hill billies and inbreds as kids told there tall tales.

I've never been there, but hunted the surrounding land for years,never had any issues with the locals

• Like 2

I have hiked part of the app trail  that's near there  and  been all around dover plains   never had a problem  you just see a lot of people who need a dentist around there but besides that not really nothing out of the ordinary really  about that part of the state. 

Edited by Hunter007

Absolutely all true!
Did a big project not too far from there and up by Ten Mile River train station (Harlem line)
Most of my stories center around a contractors brother who would occasionally show up to work between stints in Dutchess County Jail....DWI, assault, possession with intent, firearms violation, order of protection......
Mullet and 2 kids with them too....
Foreclosed on a house co-signed by brother I worked for and they couldn't make a payment on a $19K trailer. LOL
Closest thing Dutchess has too being like Ulster County.:rofl: 

He said Ulster County :mosking:

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

I have hiked part of the app trail  that's near there  and  been all around dover plains   never had a problem  you just see a lot of people who need a dentist around there but besides that not really nothing out of the ordinary really  about that part of the state. 

But you didn’t go down Oniontown road? That’s the part

• Like 1

Buckout rd in white plains and the Midgets

Not familiar with that one however I used to always get an odd feeling driving through Buchanan- feels like they are still waiting for the big city to come to them -super wide two lane road and zero traffic!

2 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

What's the exactly worst spot there bizz maybe I will take a ride there and take some pictures for you  .  if I can escape that is lol 

i would assume the end of the cul de sac