Mcdonald's Fillet-O-Fish

airedale

So the wife and I stop at a Mcdonalds to get a bite to eat, rarely do I ever buy their food but it was late and we wanted to get something quick and not have to cook supper. I love fish so I decide to get a couple of their Fillet-O-Fish sandwiches one of the few things on their menu I like as they put a slice of cheese on that sandwich giving it a unique taste.

Well we get home and sit down to eat, I open both of my sandwiches to scrape off some of the excess tartar sauce and there on the inside of the bun was a yellow colored two inch square that looked to be put on by a printer it was so thin, it was supposed to be the slice of cheese. :negative:

Talk about cheaping out! Good God add a damned quarter to the price and make the sandwich right!, I will not be going back anytime soon!

That has always been my favorite thing on the Mcdonalds menu.  I had (4) of them last week, down in Virginia, and they were all very good.  I did not notice less cheese, but I would be ok with that.  The fish, tarter sauce and buns are my favorite parts anyhow.   They were all cooked just right and very tasty.  It has always taken two of them to make a meal for me.  One of the Mcdonald's down there even had table service.  You got to love that Southern hospitality.  That was my second favorite meal of the trip, and was beat out only by the $ 12 wed. prime rib special at Oroark's in Gettysburg.      

My office is right next to a Mcdonalds and i go twice a year maybe.  Blah.  Only thing i will ever order is the fish sandwich or a breakfast sandwich.  But if i get the two fish sandwiches and fries its $8+.  Can stop at legion and get the best fish dinner around with fries, slaw and a roll for $10 and a worthy cause.  2 years ago i tried a quarter pounder with cheese cause it had been a few years.  One bite and it the trash it went.  I really also dont care for places like applebees and olive garden and the chain restaurants either.   

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

If I have to eat McDonald's, it will be filet-o-fish also, now I get the double and tell them no cheese so they have to cook it fresh, couple months ago I hot one so over cooked through the drive through it was a hockey puck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eric J said:

The Best thing about Micky D's is that Big Mac..... If I want a hamburger... I'll go somewhere else.... but if I want a hamburger Type sandwich... I'll get the Big Mac... Hard to try and make that at Home!

I gave it a shot a while back. MUCH better than McD's.

2018-08-01 18.02.10.jpg

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

I always get them with out cheese . Like that usally they are pretty good .

Don't have to tell them to hold the cheese up here, all you are getting is what appears to be a tiny photo of cheese on your bun LOL!

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I agree they are good, but I prefer the bagel with onions one. But they only make that until 930 am.

I actually like the breakfast sammys at Mcdonalds.  Sausage mcmuffin and sausage mcgriddle. 

9 minutes ago, TACC said:

I agree they are good, but I prefer the bagel with onions one. But they only make that until 930 am.

Not that I've ever been hungover but Mcdonalds steak, egg, cheese, onions on the bagel sammich is the ticket full of grease for the cure washed down with an ice cold orange gatorade

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

HAVE NOT BEEN TO Mc Ds in years if anything I well go to Wendys or Burger King    Loved KFC but none around anymore......

I always thought KFC should name their value meals after days of the week ,so you know on which day you'll stop pissing out your butt. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, old man river said:

There is both a MacDonalds and a Burger King in my town. I prefer Burger King Milkshakes to McDonalds. The Burger King Whopper seems thicker then McDonalds Big Mac. Service is slower at Burger King though.Thats the only negative.

The only thing about McDonalds instead of BK is you never get that rogue onion ring in your fries at McDonald's. 

• Like 1