Hunting Leases - Southern Tier

Hello.

I have three hunting leases available for sale.

The first is 29 acres in the Town of Wirt, Allegany County, NY. It is mostly a grove of acorn-bearing oak trees. We are asking $590 per year.

The second is 250 acres in the Town of Lyndon, Cattaraugus County, NY, It is woods and fields right behind the main farm, has been posted and patrolled for years, has not been hunted in over a decade. We are asking $4,500 per year.

The third is 426 acres in the Town of Lyndon, Cattaraugus County, NY. It is woods and fields, swamp, contains a grove of acorn-bearing oak trees. It has a cabin that you may use, but it is derelict and has no electricity. We are asking $7,242 per year.

I am a professional forester, working on behalf of the owner. My website is at www.pcforestry.com. You may email me at [email protected] if interested. I will send you maps of the properties, you may inspect them, and can phone me if you are ready to sign a lease for one of them. These are all the leases I have. A lease gives you exclusive rights for all wild game hunting seasons for one calendar year. (excluding fur trapping). You may put up tree stands, but only commercially made ones that do not put screws or nails into the trees. We are managing intensively for sawtimber, so we don't allow cutting of shooting lanes or making feed plots. No camping is allowed on the 2 leases that don't have the cabin on them. ATVs are allowed only for deploying or retrieving tree stands, or for retrieving downed game. I have never hunted these properties, but have a long working experience on all three and can attest that deer and turkey are abundant on all three.

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Understood. Was just wondering if there was a reason behind the decision.  Is furbearer hunting allowed?

The last property is 2 away from me. It needs to have about 3 million coon and dozens of coyotes removed. It's where they all come from after I eliminate all the ones by me.. neighbor use to be buffer but he died and no one does anything there anymore as well. Sad

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Understood. Was just wondering if there was a reason behind the decision.  Is furbearer hunting allowed?

Yes, you can gun or bow hunt anything that is legal.  I had only one guy in the past ask about trapping.  It was a fair question, so I asked the landowner, and he said no.  It isn't my place to question his reason or argue otherwise.

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

The last property is 2 away from me. It needs to have about 3 million coon and dozens of coyotes removed. It's where they all come from after I eliminate all the ones by me.. neighbor use to be buffer but he died and no one does anything there anymore as well. Sad

I feel that any good management plan has a working component that controls predators. Trapping is so much more effective than hunting IMO. I  was asking because I know farms and timber lots that are managed for crops and timber as the main focus and they exclude predator trapping and hunting. Their view is the more predators around the harder the deer population will be hit above legal tag limits and reducing the pressure on their marketable crop. I get it, It's their land. Just need to go into a lease understanding all of it. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I feel that any good management plan has a working component that controls predators. Trapping is so much more effective than hunting IMO. I  was asking because I know farms and timber lots that are managed for crops and timber as the main focus and they exclude predator trapping and hunting. Their view is the more predators around the harder the deer population will be hit above legal tag limits and reducing the pressure on their marketable crop. I get it, It's their land. Just need to go into a lease understanding all of it. 

It's a big property and has a large duck area.. I just cant see taking 7k worth of game off it. Even with 10 guys

It's a sign of the times , thats why I just looked and bought my own piece, back when i first hunted i could just knock on doors and get permission easy for free, most it would cost is giving the farmer a deer and even then i would just leave the deer at his barn wouldnt even need to butcher it, but after loosing properties to change i bought my own......nothing wrong with lease hay if the owner can get his taxes paid good for him

• Like 2