Hunting Licences on sale

fasteddie

This may have come up in a previous thread, but I didn't see it. I picked up my tags yesterday. $87 covers hunting, bow, MZ (which includes the xbow), Doe tags and fishing. Here's my question. Bow and MZ were printed on the same tag. I paid $15 apiece. I need a little help on this one. Why did I pay for both? If I had only paid for bow for example, would the tag have printed differently? The way it is now i paid $30 for both privileges on 2 tags. I'm thinking I should've just saved $15 if they're both printed on the same tag.

Am I making any sense here? Maybe the long week at work scrambled my brain...

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

This may have come up in a previous thread, but I didn't see it. I picked up my tags yesterday. $87 covers hunting, bow, MZ (which includes the xbow), Doe tags and fishing. Here's my question. Bow and MZ were printed on the same tag. I paid $15 apiece. I need a little help on this one. Why did I pay for both? If I had only paid for bow for example, would the tag have printed differently? The way it is now i paid $30 for both privileges on 2 tags. I'm thinking I should've just saved $15 if they're both printed on the same tag.

You got another tag for that $15, an antlerless only tag was the second one you purchased,  you can use either of them in either bow or MZ season. 

You sure you don't mean 97?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nevermind just rechecked and you didn't pick turkey stamps

Lifetime arrived today! Time for my annual visit to the town clerk.
She says, “do you really shoot Bambi?”
I say, “well, sure.”
She says, “that’s sad!”
I say, “no. That’s delicious.”
“Yuck....heres your 4Y and 3S. Good luck I guess!”
“Thank you-if I make jerky this year I will bring some in for the office.”
“DONT YOU DARE!”
“Ok - see you on Nov 1 for bonus tags!”
“You are gonna kill MORE than these!”
“My kids gotta eat...wink/smile!”
She laughs and we usually talk about overpopulation and car accidents and ticks. One day she will accept my jerky....if only I had meat that couldn’t be beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Lifetime arrived today! Time for my annual visit to the town clerk.
She says, “do you really shoot Bambi?”
I say, “well, sure.”
She says, “that’s sad!”
I say, “no. That’s delicious.”
“Yuck....heres your 4Y and 3S. Good luck I guess!”
“Thank you-if I make jerky this year I will bring some in for the office.”
“DONT YOU DARE!”
“Ok - see you on Nov 1 for bonus tags!”
“You are gonna kill MORE than these!”
“My kids gotta eat...wink/smile!”
She laughs and we usually talk about overpopulation and car accidents and ticks. One day she will accept my jerky....if only I had meat that couldn’t be beat!

I'll prepare some...for a fee! But you get all your meat back. Fee is for my services making unbeatable $20 million+ jerky

6 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I'll prepare some...for a fee! But you get all your meat back. Fee is for my services making unbeatable $20 million+ jerky

I've decided to spend my 20 million on the secret KFC recipe.

I've decided to spend my 20 million on the secret KFC recipe.

Fun fact...my great grandfather was Colonel Sanders neighbor. He made fried chicken for a pot lock and The Colonel offered to buy the recipe but good ole grandpa knew better and kept it for himself. He knew better!!!

On 8/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Bolt action said:

I just picked up all of that without the fishing (I bought that back in April) at Walmart today, and the cost was $ 72.  No rule-books were printed yet, just a little 4-page flyer with the hunting dates.  I received (2) DMP's for 9F, and will likely go back for (2) more on the second draw after Nov 1.  I am thankful to see that the WMU where I hunt up north (6C) is still allowing the antlerless archery/ML tag to be used during the early ML season.  It is nearly impossible to get a DMP in that zone, where I see about (6) antlerless deer per each antlered one.   At home in 9F, where DMP's are handed out like candy (anyone can easily get (4)), I see about (6) antlered deer per each antlerless one, after October 1.   The reason for that is because the local farmers work the antlerless ones over quite hard prior to October 1, with their "nuissance permits". 

Our venison supply is holding out ok and should last at least until October 16, at the current rate of consumption.  That is the earliest day when I can get some "fresh stuff" up in the Northern zone with my crossbow.  I stopped hunting with a vertical bow after the crossbow was legalized in 2014. 

It just hit me, that forgot to donate to the "hunters feeding the hungry program" when I bought my tags.  I will try to remember to give $ 10 for that, when I go back after November 1 for the two "bonus" tags.  If everyone did, that it would help a lot at putting that meat to good use.                         

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered everything online probably 2 weeks earlier than I normally do! I always buy the turkey and muzzle loading permit in the off chance I go but that hasn't happened in probably 12 years for Turkey and never for muzzle loading. I'll probably pick up a duck stamp as well just in case someone wants to take me goose hunting.