Recommended Posts

Just heard another shooting killed 9 in Ohio this morning.

This is what you can expect in a society that devalues all human life.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I think they need to get medieval with punishment for people like that torture and a slow slow death maybe even go after there family . 

These  guys don't fear normal punishment  from god  jail or a  fast death .

But torture  everyone fears . And the media needs  to stop reporting and glorify these idiots that do this .

Do that and you would see less crimes like that in this country .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although it would be unconstitutional and never allowed, I have also thought this might serve as a deterrent to people who do it for infamy.  However, the constitutional right to not suffer from "cruel and unusual" punishment must be respected.

But we need to prevent this crap, and addressing the root cause is the answer.  Firearms are merely the tools used.  They are not the cause.  Removing the firearms will only cause these people to seek out other implements to commit these killings.  It would also leave people defenseless, thereby increasing the number of innocent deaths from criminals.

The problems our govt creates are nothing compared to the problems our govt's solutions create.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sad and senseless loss of innocent life because some evil violent sociopath had to prove how cowardly they are.  Strange how these killers never make it to the real battlefield to prove how brave they are.

Of course the usual demand for more gun control is being publicized.  These demands are made by politicians and people who are both unwilling or unable to understand the root causes of gun violence.  Laws to restrict and/or prohibit firearm possession are basically useless.  I say this based upon the governments  unsuccessful war on drugs.  Many decades of narcotics being  illegal has not stopped the continued distribution, sale and use of narcotics.  So the same government that cannot keep dangerous drugs (the major root cause of gun violence) out of the hands of the mentally ill addicts will be the same government trying to keep black market firearms imported or manufactured in underground gun manufacturing plants out of the hands of violent sociopaths.

These mass shootings always take place at soft target locations with insufficient security.  Some are even gun free zones that only scare off law abiding citizens who chose to not want to be criminally charge for simply carrying a firearm for their God given right to self defense.  I suggest more police dressed undercover at these soft target locations so thee killers never know who will kill them if they try to harm others..  I suggest that more street patrol police armed with automatic weapons to really be ready to go all tactical on some killer if they try to harm others.  I witnessed this  in civilians areas while I was on military operations in both Central America and Southwest Asia.  I can tell you everyone one was polite that you met on the street!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

A sad and senseless loss of innocent life because some evil violent sociopath had to prove how cowardly they are.  Strange how these killers never make it to the real battlefield to prove how brave they are.

Of course the usual demand for more gun control is being publicized.  These demands are made by politicians and people who are both unwilling or unable to understand the root causes of gun violence.  Laws to restrict and/or prohibit firearm possession are basically useless.  I say this based upon the governments  unsuccessful war on drugs.  Many decades of narcotics being  illegal has not stopped the continued distribution, sale and use of narcotics.  So the same government that cannot keep dangerous drugs (the major root cause of gun violence) out of the hands of the mentally ill addicts will be the same government trying to keep black market firearms imported or manufactured in underground gun manufacturing plants out of the hands of violent sociopaths.

These mass shootings always take place at soft target locations with insufficient security.  Some are even gun free zones that only scare off law abiding citizens who chose to not want to be criminally charge for simply carrying a firearm for their God given right to self defense.  I suggest more police dressed undercover at these soft target locations so thee killers never know who will kill them if they try to harm others..  I suggest that more street patrol police armed with automatic weapons to really be ready to go all tactical on some killer if they try to harm others.  I witnessed this  in civilians areas while I was on military operations in both Central America and Southwest Asia.  I can tell you everyone one was polite that you met on the street!

 

All I know is the whole point of the 2ed amendment  is to have guns of the type that they want to ban so the answer is not that .

What it is I'm not sure , but probably not filling kids up with drugs and violent video games  at a early age would be a start .  

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 1:15 PM, Hunter007 said:

. And the media needs  to stop reporting and glorify these idiots that do this .

Do that and you would see less crimes like that in this country .

 

 

 

 

 

 

I agree . No info about the shooters should be released to the public , period.. they need to disappear into history.

 

Now your comment on torturing  their family is a little ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I agree . No info about the shooters should be released to the public , period.. they need to disappear into history.

 

Now your comment on torturing  their family is a little ridiculous.

That's not what I meant I meant torture for the Killer and imprisonment for family if they knew and did  nothing to stop it 

Torture is not going to happen  here .

Edited by Hunter007
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I agree . No info about the shooters should be released to the public , period.. they need to disappear into history.

 

Now your comment on torturing  their family is a little ridiculous.

They also should stop advertising how many people these idiots  killed because that is what there game is it's like a sport to these guys one is trying to top the other ones in body count .

The media They should not even mention numbers just say people got killed and leave it at that . And they should not be saying what guns or even what close body armor these guys use because it just feeds more of these idiots to copy cat  what the last guy did .

A lot of this is the Medias  fault  more then anything the more they talk about them the more others get the same crazy idea in there heads .

 

 

Edited by Hunter007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ADK Native said:

 

  I suggest more police dressed undercover at these soft target locations so thee killers never know who will kill them if they try to harm others..  I suggest that more street patrol police armed with automatic weapons to really be ready to go all tactical on some killer if they try to harm others.   

 

Nice.  The 2K19 KGB/Gestapo.

 

 

@Rattler I am surprised you didn't reply directly to this.  Do you suggest we do this?  I know if this was a left leaning member of the site they would have been obliterated.  How come we are just letting this pass?  Hidden police? Automatic weapons on the street like this is martial law?   Scary stuff

 

Its kinda shocking that in Texas of allstates this happened.  Texas is usually regarded as the place where this stuff won't happen since their citizens are armed.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Nice.

Do not give me all the credit. 

We already have plain clothes police officer.  I just want more embedded  plain clothes police officers in soft target locations for better security. 

We already have uniform officers carrying automatic rifles.   I just want more embedded in soft target locations for better security. 

6 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Scary stuff

Scary for criminals, not law abiding people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Hidden police? Automatic weapons on the street like this is martial law?   Scary stuff

They (the police) are getting smarter every day.

This has nothing to do with shootings but it is something to think about for those that like to "beat" the system.

https://13wham.com/news/local/brockport-police-pose-as-construction-workers-to-catch-distracted-drivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 12:57 PM, diplomat019 said:

Nice.  The 2K19 KGB/Gestapo.

 

 

@Rattler I am surprised you didn't reply directly to this.  Do you suggest we do this?  I know if this was a left leaning member of the site they would have been obliterated.  How come we are just letting this pass?  Hidden police? Automatic weapons on the street like this is martial law?   Scary stuff

 

Its kinda shocking that in Texas of allstates this happened.  Texas is usually regarded as the place where this stuff won't happen since their citizens are armed.  

 

 

 

He picked a place that was full of illegals and new Mexican citizens who are  not into the gun culture they have overthere  

The locals did not go to that place looks like. 

Try that where all the hillbillies hang out in Texas he would have gotten 20 guns shooting back at him I would imagine. 

 

 

Edited by Hunter007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 7:20 PM, ADK Native said:

Do not give me all the credit. 

We already have plain clothes police officer.  I just want more embedded  plain clothes police officers in soft target locations for better security. 

We already have uniform officers carrying automatic rifles.   I just want more embedded in soft target locations for better security. 

 

Sky Marshals as well


"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"The trouble with Socialism is, sooner or later you run out of other people's money." - Margaret Thatcher

"When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.." - James Dale Davidson, National Taxpayers Union

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

He picked a place that was full of illegals and new Mexican citizens who are  not into the gun culture they have overthere  

The locals did not go to that place looks like. 

Try that where all the hillbillies hang out in Texas he would have gotten 20 guns shooting back at him I would imagine. 

 

 

Now i feel like we are moving goalposts.  “Well if it was somewhere else this wouldn't have happened”.   

 

 

Im assuming everyone is in favor of this secret police force since nobody is commenting on it. That’s extremely scary. All I hear in here is “limited govt” etc.  yet our biggest anti- big gov members arent saying peep.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, diplomat019 said:

Now i feel like we are moving goalposts.  “Well if it was somewhere else this wouldn't have happened”.   

 

 

Im assuming everyone is in favor of this secret police force since nobody is commenting on it. That’s extremely scary. All I hear in here is “limited govt” etc.  yet our biggest anti- big gov members arent saying peep.  

Seriously gun shootings  are not really common at all and mass shootings are like getting hit by lightning. 

Unless you live in some shit whole like parts of Chicago  your chances of getting shot are pretty much 0 .

Media  makes money off these tragedies if it bleeds it leads. 

It's not a real problem. 

Of course that is not what the family's  of the victims want to here but what about the countless victims of bad drivers which is a much more of a real problem In this country more so then guns but you never here about them do you .

Because it's not going to sell s many newspapers that's why .

Yea sure if we turn usa into north Korea you will not have any gun crime. 

But who wants to live in a police state .

Freedom is not free .

Comes with a price 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting a  scientist  just saying facts about other tragedies like car accidents  kill more people  by far then guns but nobody makes a big deal about it  like with these tragedies. 

Gets shit  from the liberals  for just telling the facts 

Edited by Hunter007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 12:57 PM, diplomat019 said:

Nice.  The 2K19 KGB/Gestapo.

@Rattler I am surprised you didn't reply directly to this.  Do you suggest we do this?  I know if this was a left leaning member of the site they would have been obliterated.  How come we are just letting this pass?  Hidden police? Automatic weapons on the street like this is martial law?   Scary stuff

Its kinda shocking that in Texas of all states this happened.  Texas is usually regarded as the place where this stuff won't happen since their citizens are armed.  

In case you didn't know, the police already do this.  Plain clothes police are everywhere already.  It's called security.  I don't refute people's comments on how they lean politically.  I refute what they post when they're wrong.  This is nothing like what Martial Law would be like.  You would have no constitutional rights at all under Martial Law.  Believe me, you do not want to see what that would be like.  The police doing what they are doing now, is how we prevent the country from totally collapsing and requiring Martial Law.

This happened in Texas because some gun hating morons decided to declare the area a "gun free zone" which totally disarmed everyone making it a "defense free zone", which is exactly the type of environment killers seek out so they can rack up a high body count.  I hope the victims sue the sheet out of whoever was responsible for making it a "gun free zone".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Now i feel like we are moving goalposts.  “Well if it was somewhere else this wouldn't have happened”.   

Im assuming everyone is in favor of this secret police force since nobody is commenting on it. That’s extremely scary. All I hear in here is “limited govt” etc.  yet our biggest anti- big gov members arent saying peep.  

They are not "secret police".  They are undercover police.  Everyone knows they are there, they follow the rule of law and enforce the laws under the Constitution.  They work for the local town, county or state and identify themselves as police.  There is nothing sinister about them.  They are there to protect the public, not persecute them.  I have quite a bit of familiarity with "secret police" in European Communist regimes.  They are agents of tyrannical regimes used to control political dissent with brutal force.  The law does not apply to them.  That is not what is being suggested here.  If the police in the US went rouge, the legal system would go after them.  

This is not "big government" either.  Big government inserts itself into areas of your life it has no constitutional authority to involve itself in, like healthcare.  The police do have the constitutional authority to use whatever means necessary to protect the citizens they are sworn to protect.

You're not hearing anything from those who are against government overreach because this is not a case of government overreach.

ObamaCare, Red Flag gun confiscation and weaponizing government agencies, like the FBI, DOJ and IRS, to use against political opponents, is.

Edited by Rattler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week end we attended the Park Ave fest. Basically a mile and a quarter of crafts, food, music and sights , all packed into a closed city st . For 14 years  I covered it as my firehouse was close, so I know the 30 some page preplan by police / fire / Ems . Each year the same intersections have police at them , it’s pretty clear to anyone who’s been before where they post , there are a few who just walk it though , but it would be easy to avoid them . Uniformed cops are a deterrent, in one small area only .

The odds may be low, but coming right off the recent mass shootings , I just felt some UC cops , and perhaps some with AR15s staged nearby might be appropriate in today’s world .

I had a 9mm, and some Combat Gauze ,slipped in my pocket . But we survived except for an expensive lunch .

https://www.rescue-essentials.com/quikclot-combat-gauze-z-folded-military/

they say external use only , yet talk about “ packing the wound “ which is what you’d do . I carry it in my range bag, and hunting pack .

Edited by Nomad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.