Gander Mountain

WNYBuckHunter

I just have to vent about something real quick. I ordered my new safety harness from Gander Mountain last Saturday, and it hasnt even shipped yet. Their site said it was in stock, and I called to see what the hold up is, and they told me that my order would ship directly from the manufacturer and that it could take up to 5 business days before it went out. Now seeing as I ordered it on a Saturday, that means it wont even ship until this coming Monday! WTF! The only reason I ordered it online was because for an extra $20 they included a hang on tree stand. Now that I have to wait this long, I would have rather bought the damn harness for $20 less at their store and picked up a similar stand for the same price when they go on sale. I hate this kind of crap, if its not shipping from YOUR warehouse, dont say its 'In Stock', say it ships from the manufacturer for crying out loud.

Ok, I feel a little better....

stop crying lol

i have placed 3 orders at gander mountain over the last 4 weeks and i have to say the free shipping thing is great! i have received everything very fast! i hear ya pain but i have nothing bad to say about them. i actually like ordering from them over cabelas i find some of there stuff cheaper then other places.

HAHAHA, I wanted to get some stands moved this weekend, the new harness would have come in handy and I figured Id have it within a week. We have a GM store locally, but that was a web only deal. I dont buy much from them, as I can usually get the same or similar stuff at Dick's Sporting Goods for the same price or less. I get reward points at Dick's and when I get enough, they send coupons, gift certificates, etc. Ill still go to their store sometimes, but I will never order online from them again.

I bought my NEF 25-06 at Gander Mountain (ordered it) . I had taken the copy of the WalMart List price and the GM manager said they would get it for me for the same price . After it came in the Manager told me it cost them $5 more for it than WalMart was selling it . GM lost money on the deal . I felt sorry for GM . NOT !!!

A lot of the gear at GM is pricer than Dicks . alt=my sidehttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/2cents.gif[/img]

About a month ago,I gotta drive my daughter back to school so I am planning to stop there on the way home.

Yeah, they remodelled and moved all the firearms behind counters.  It makes sense.  I always wondered the logic of putting all those firearms on display without any trigger locks...and have the live ammo 15 feet away.

Ya I thought all that summer floor space would have filled in some...but from what you say not happening...they will also barter a bit on prices...picked up a 29.00 bag of seed for 19...I noticed it was miss marked and when I had them scan it I told them I could just plant my own mix..they offered to drop price...free to me so I said OK...nice they did that 10.00 is ten dollars :( ...don't like they never have my muzzy 4 replacement blades in stock...

I don't do a lot of business with them.

I stopped by about a month ago and found a browning down jacket on a 80% off original price rack. Tag said 60$. I peeled back the stickers to find the original at 130$. So i am thinking great and it was my size. I couldnt pass it up so i take it up to the register and it rings up as 60$. I told the clerk it was on a 80% off rack and the original price was 130$ so he marks it down the 80%.

Just then the manager says whats up? and the clerk tells him and he says oh no thats a 240$ jacket.

I look at him with a WTF face and said it was on a rack for 80% off original price which was 130.

To which i get the reply well it was on the wrong rack.

I told him then you got another half dozen of these on the wrong rack and walked out.

Got home and looked up the jacket 139$ straight from browning.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/clothing/detail.asp?value=A003&cat_id=304&type_id=753#center

I seldom go to Gander Mountain anymore. It's about a 45 minute drive for me, and I have made way too many trips up ther to pick up something only to find an empty spot where the item once hung. I'm talking about an estimated 75% of the times I went up there. So now I take the 1 hour+ drive to Auburn and go to a real store (Bass-Pro shop) that is actually well stocked and so far have found what I wanted 100% of the time.

The Cicero (Syracuse) Gander Mt. has been reorganized, some of the taxidermy removed, photo "brag wall" is gone, and the inventory is low with a lot of open floor space.  Felt like I was at a warehouse sale.  A trip to Bass Pro Shops in Auburn a few days later was far more enjoyable, and I found what I was looking for.

I stopped in to GM yesterday just to poke around a bit. I wanted to look at a couple of MLs but couldnt because they moved most of their guns behind the counter, and as usual forGM, they didnt have enough people working to take care of customers, so I left instead of waiting for 1/2 hour just to look at a gun. Their archery selection is getting very skimpy and there were a bunch of empty shelves. I kinda get the feeling that they might not be around much longer.