Gander Mountain

WNYBuckHunter

Their archery selection is getting very skimpy and there were a bunch of empty shelves. I kinda get the feeling that they might not be around much longer.

Well, maybe the quicker the better. Perhaps with them gone somebody like Cabellas or Bass Pro might set up shop. It's a real shame ..... I was so darned excited when Gander first opened their doors in Henrietta. I was really impressed. It sure has turned out to be a real disappointment.

What do you suppose goes wrong with a thriving company like that?

Im not sure, maybe they over extended themselves. It really seems like things started going downhill when they closed up the ATV dealership. The last few years its been getting steadily worse and worse with the lack of employees in the store, you can never get help with things unless you walk around the store 3 times to find someone, then they never have access to what you want, so they have to find someone. Its just a hassle to go there. Ive become very disappointed with them. I used to make it a point to go there any time I was in the area, but now I dont bother. I would love to see BPS or Cabelas come into the area, driving to Auburn is a pain.

I have shopped at the GM in Henrietta quite a bit . I check the prices and drive over to DICks . When they 1st opened they had some awesome sales . My wife bought me a set of the Scent Suppressent camo outfit for Christmas the 1st year it was opened . They had it on sale with another 30% off ( super deal ) .

Their ammo is way overpriced !

They do accept most of the Discount Coupons from DICKs !

I gotta say I am very happy with Dicks.I f they don't have what I am looking for,they well order it for me.some of there stuff is a bit over priced but I show an ad for another store and they match it.Not sure GM is gonna see any more of my money.

Im with you. I bought my daughter a pair of sandals that were on sale there the other day. That will most likely be the last money of mine they see. Dicks will price match plus give me great coupons.

I bought a box of target loads at GM last week (100 rounds) and it cost $29.99, the other day I was at Walmart and the same box is $22.99

I searched recent news on Gander Mt. and it all seems pretty positive, even some significant remodeling of some locations.  Earnings have been decent.  Doesn't quite match the experience many of us have had. 

I don't like to beat-up a company, but GM has significantly dialed-back their in-store selection.  Dick's never has had the selection I've looked for.  35 minute jaunt to Bass Pro in Auburn isn't too far, and probably just far enough to keep me from shopping too much. 

Cabela's mail order is still my go-to for variety and quality, but I do prefer to put my hands on hunting gear before I purchase. 

The Cicero (Syracuse) Gander Mt. has been reorganized, some of the taxidermy removed, photo "brag wall" is gone, and the inventory is low with a lot of open floor space.  Felt like I was at a warehouse sale.  A trip to Bass Pro Shops in Auburn a few days later was far more enjoyable, and I found what I was looking for.

I was just in the Cicero one this weekend on way to 1000 islands...much nicer store than henrietta. And the braggin board was right when you walk in...loads of associate and customer pics on it.

GM has gone downhill a bunch lately...bargains less frequent. I think alot of that had to do with the private acquisition a few years back. They're likely prepping it to resell or take public in the coming years. Likely cutting inventory hold to reduce cost, etc. That's seems to be apparent from almost everyone's experiences there now.