My 2019 plots

It's early still and I know you mentioned deer wiped it out last yr, fencing off gives you a little insurance policy for later on. If they wipe it out like last yr then there's no ponderosa buffet to hunt at. This could hold the deer you want closer to you then the neighbors. Gl

Edited by zag

After walking the plot, I noticed That quite a bit of it didn’t do as well as other parts. I think This will be my last year planting the generic seed from Turners. Some parts are about 2 feet deep and other areas are maybe 8”. Talked to a couple of others that used the same seed, and they had the same results. Next year I’m going to try either WI seed or Frigid Forage, as Ive heard great things about those brassicas. The red and ladino clover did great though. I ended Up taking the whole fence down. If they mow this down completely before gun season, I’ll be shocked. 

haley and I took Some of the posts and staked out 20, 30 and 40 yard markers from the shooting tower and the double set at the other end. It will make it nice for her to judge bow ranges. 

12860783-EE24-44DA-8693-05A53C527B33.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah you can see the little growth patches, in all looks darn good especially with the slight leaf color change in the background!! I checked ours today and is still looking good but you can deff see they are hitting it pretty hard. Every cam pic has a ton of deer in it. I'm trying to come up with a name for the plot since it always has deer in it (bucks and doe's). Keep us posted on the browse pressure!!

If you try another seed maybe split the plot in half, half WI and half FF for comparison. I've never been disappointed with WI.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Here’s another nice pic Of the plot and the east end of the property I got with the drone the other day. The leaves are starting to change and it’s looking pretty around here. 

748BCEF6-8738-4548-9D5B-68A357305457.jpeg

Dang, I need a drone!! Or maybe I can hire ya

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The fun thing is, because of the posts we put out, I can see how many of them are within range of my stand and shooting tower lol.

You're on your way to having a remote operated crossbow in that tower.  Or even better... attached to your drone. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, land 1 said:

WNY the one thing I found the first browse pressure they hit the smaller plants leaving the bigger ones for late, so some times it helps having smaller size plant

From what I have seen so far, I think they are mostly hitting smaller plants and the clover right now based on the areas of the plot they have been in. They have been pounding my clover plot as well lately.

18 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

From what I have seen so far, I think they are mostly hitting smaller plants and the clover right now based on the areas of the plot they have been in. They have been pounding my clover plot as well lately.

My brassicas are chewed down to stalks.  1/3 of the size of those in the cage.  I am just hoping they will still have roots to pull come late season.