Skinning Shed

Lawdwaz

18 years ago I built a 8x12 shed in my yard to give me a little more room for stuff and a place to hang, skin & quarter my deer.  Although it has served me well all these years my knees were asking for a little more height.  The big deer are tough to skin as they are usually much longer and their heads are on the floor, making for some tough skinning.  I decided to just add a 3 sided addition but 24" higher than the old one.

With some help from a couple friends, it's just about done.  Taco Tim helped with setting the walls, building and setting the rafters, and sheeting the roof.  Another buddy helped with roofing.  Friday afternoon my wife helped with priming then I painted it last night.  I still have to put up vented soffits, trim the corners, build/hang the door then some interior lights. 

What should be last is hanging the hoist but I have a feeling that'll move up to near the top of the list. :)

du3sZeN.jpg

I7uXf4e.jpg

de6PYT5.jpg

g7aNsIH.jpg

MgjN8JD.jpg

6GS0XGb.jpg

• Like 27

Perfect! Looks awesome Larry! 

Guess as the knees get older, it's either build a taller skinning shed, or shoot smaller deer? You made the right choice!

With Tim and the guys helping out, that is what it's all about!  Friends helping friends. 

• Thanks 1

And now I have to confess..........I did have one other helper thanks to Jeremy K's "photoshop type" skills.  Taco Tim never even saw the guy buzzing in some screws.
oqbMfVY.jpg&key=352de6d96ce39b35f17324488b75bff1ca2c5df6de7ebf9569f0c2dbf7eb6e3c
I'm surprised you caught him on film I hear they don't like being filmed for fear it will steal their soul or something of that effect

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Pigmy said:

nice job! Seems like you could have saved some time and money by just shooting small doe though :drinks:

Seems as though that doesn't happen too often.  That said, I'll make a bad judgement call on occasion and shoot a dink late in the ML'r season.  They DO make great table fare though.

• Like 5

Turned out great Larry, been meaning to build a dead shed but haven't trapped in a while so the motivation isn't there.

ł want to go with a plastic one and put in a drain tile so ł can spray it down every now and again. Plumb the drain tile in to a french drain.

One of my many projects at camp that ł will get around to... Eventually.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...