I jumped on board. Bought me a bucket hat.

turkeyfeathers

50 minutes ago, old man river said:

I never thought, I would like this style of hat until the Skeeter,knats + Horseflys  had trouble finding my face and back of neck. Keeps the noontime sun off your face too. Now, I know that this type of hat is more popular with women- but, I am seeing more men wearing them. 

Not in camo  

I pretty much only wear a "bucket" hat for turkey hunting. Got this beauty about 12 years ago. it is reversible, and blaze orange on the other side. People have called it a stovepipe hat & a porkpie hat, but I always thought it was more of a boonie-style hat. I also have a coonskin hat from a raccoon I shot years ago, I'm waiting for it to go back in style again. 

thumbnail_20190805_203431.jpg

17632356_671085406424967_590475232926226172_o.jpg

• Like 8

This is funny .... a couple hours ago my wife and I had a discussion about me getting a Bucket / Boonie Hat instead of wearing a ball cap .  Reason being is the top of my ears are continually getting burned and I'm afraid if I keep going with ball caps it will turn into skin cancer - who knows !  I know I can put sun block on , don't need to tell me ! But a Bucket / Boonie Hat would work for me for anything including Hunting and Lawn Mowing and whatever else ! Thanks for convincing me Hunters ! Yeah Cami sounds right !

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but it's not my style.  I like a ball cap.  I like to put a fleece beanie or wool  watch cap over it when it's cold.  I can pull that down over my ears too.  I also wear a hoodie when hunting in the cold and like to put the hood up when sitting still.  I'm all about warmth and keeping the sun off my face and out of my eyes.  The camo ball cap works for me.  I guess that why I have about 6 of them.

I can see a boonie hat in the summer, and they were popular with troops in the hot Asian jungle, but they don't fill the bill for me in the snowy Catskills during deer season.

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

Sorry guys, but it's not my style.  I like a ball cap.  I like to put a fleece beanie or wool  watch cap over it when it's cold.  I can pull that down over my ears too.  I also wear a hoodie when hunting in the cold and like to put the hood up when sitting still.  I'm all about warmth and keeping the sun off my face and out of my eyes.  The camo ball cap works for me.  I guess that why I have about 6 of them.

I can see a boonie hat in the summer, and they were popular with troops in the hot Asian jungle, but they don't fill the bill for me in the snowy Catskills during deer season.

Agreed, I have thick camo wool winter hats to pull down over my ball caps . Heck I have wool ball caps to double up when it’s really cold . But was convinced of the usefulness of the boonie hats, so going to get one for warmer weather hunting . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rattler said:

I don't wear a Boonie hat during gun season when it's cold . I just wear mine during Bow Season . 

It might look silly, but use this when fishing. Keeps sun off my face and neck and cinches down when underway. Hasn't blown overboard yet. Can't say the same for ball caps.

Most boonies are used for summer yard work or fishing.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk