practice with field points?

Robhuntandfish

Ok guys thanks for the help! Moved the nock point down to almost 90 degrees.  Pro shop set it with a drop but it seemed to be too much. Took half dozen shots on my lunch and have to tweek it later. I premoved my sight up knowing I was prob gonna shoot high. But long and short of it I would say it is on.  The first shot on target was field point the next is practice broadhead.  Broke the nock and tore off a fletch so am thinking they are now shooting the same .  

After work gonna dial everything back in for pin distances.  And I have to rotate peep a little cause string is in the way. And be sure not to shoot for same spot! 

But thanks guys looks like prob solved. 

IMG_20190809_122134369.jpg

IMG_20190809_122137977.jpg

Ok guys thanks for the help! Moved the nock point down to almost 90 degrees.  Pro shop set it with a drop but it seemed to be too much. Took half dozen shots on my lunch and have to tweek it later. I premoved my sight up knowing I was prob gonna shoot high. But long and short of it I would say it is on.  The first shot on target was field point the next is practice broadhead.  Broke the nock and tore off a fletch so am thinking they are now shooting the same .  
After work gonna dial everything back in for pin distances.  And I have to rotate peep a little cause string is in the way. And be sure not to shoot for same spot! 
IMG_20190809_122134369.thumb.jpg.8e848f6ceac3e6459a9173536e196376.jpg
IMG_20190809_122137977.thumb.jpg.83575fe65f200525667c7a8a741ad9e0.jpg

You already have one fletch missing cut the other 2 off and put a new knock in it and shoot the bare shaft through paper then you’ll know if it’s perfect. Or put a big fixed blade on and shoot it. Many people shoot mechanicals because they’ll hide a lot of bad tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

IMG_20190809_122134369.jpg

IMG_20190809_122137977.jpg

shoot the broadhead first, rookie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You already have one fletch missing cut the other 2 off and put a new knock in it and shoot the bare shaft through paper then you’ll know if it’s perfect. Or put a big fixed blade on and shoot it. Many people shoot mechanicals because they’ll hide a lot of bad tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not gonna shoot that one again - it also shaved off some of the arrow shaft. 

42 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

shoot the broadhead first, rookie!

lol.  Gonna shoot a couple with field points.... then pull arrows ....... and shoot with practice BH a couple of times to see if they are all ten ringers......  Then kill deer! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Check that shaft you hit!  If its damaged bad DON'T Shoot it!  When they brake they tend to go into your bow arm and would end your season!  Not worth risking your arm for one 10-15$ arrow.  I twist and turn the shaft then give it a good bend to see if it will snap, better off braking in my hands vs shooting it and braking.  

Guy at the range shot a bad shot into the ground then the next time he shot that arrow it broke off into his bow arm!  Now he wears a protective glove on his bow arm.  Be careful!

2 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Check that shaft you hit!  If its damaged bad DON'T Shoot it!  When they brake they tend to go into your bow arm and would end your season!  Not worth risking your arm for one 10-15$ arrow.  I twist and turn the shaft then give it a good bend to see if it will snap, better off braking in my hands vs shooting it and braking.  

Guy at the range shot a bad shot into the ground then the next time he shot that arrow it broke off into his bow arm!  Now he wears a protective glove on his bow arm.  Be careful!

yeah wont even mess with it - its already gone.  thanks 

• Like 1

I use field points to make sure things are solid. Then I use my braodheads to get conformation that both are hitting the same. Then, I will shoot a broad head once or twice a day as the first arrow. If I am just sending arrows downrange I use the FT's. I like to see tight groups, and shooting a tight group with BH's has lead to having arrows re-fletched and worse.

• Like 2