Roundup

3 ounces per gallon, kills every thing the first time around. 40 gallon boom sprayer, no higher than 18-20 inches off of the ground. Rubber boots, Long pants, long sleeves, or a hoodie, with a mask and safety glasses. If it’s windy I don’t spray. I’m not going to waste my time money and effort planting plots only to let weeds take them over. 

• Like 2

if you're using it safely and just for some food plots here and there you're not at risk. Those at risk are the large commercial farmers, and typically those that weren't using good handling practices.

and by safely, I mean you shouldn't be walking around spraying it by hand in shorts so that it's contacting your skin. You should use nitrile gloves when handling and mixing and use your best judgment with wind direction if spraying mechanically, especially if an open tractor. These are just general best practices for chemical handling, but the label will give you more specifics. 

• Like 2

I bought a 8 gallon sprayer and attached a 3 nozzle fan tip broadcaster that I mount to the back rack of my atv . We also use the tractor supply brand and always use rubber gloves when handling it . I will drive up into the trail spraying on the way down riding slowly and not doubling back. Then we don’t travel the trails for a week. 

24 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

There's alot of people out there looking out for me ... pygmy  is another I will have in my prayers.   Wife doesn't want me to use the stuff.  Just looking at alternatives .

You can kill broad leaf weeds with 2,4d, if you have clover you can use 2,4db and kill broadleaf and not kill the clover.. 

It's what lawn companys use on your lawn and charge you 110x what it cost for water.. 

Sethoxydim, or clethodim for grass if you can find it. Cleth is not sold in ny.. but is by far the best selective grass killer.

Edited by G-Man

26 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

There's alot of people out there looking out for me ... pygmy  is another I will have in my prayers.   Wife doesn't want me to use the stuff.  Just looking at alternatives .

If I remember right I believe I’ve read about people using a salt water mix .  

31 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Cleth is not sold in ny.. but is by far the best selective grass killer.

Clethodim is definitely sold in NY. It could be restricted though, on that I'm not sure. I probably use 50+ gallons a year. It definitely works better than sethoxydim.

30 minutes ago, E J said:

Clethodim is definitely sold in NY. It could be restricted though, on that I'm not sure. I probably use 50+ gallons a year. It definitely works better than sethoxydim.

Unless your permitted it's been illegal to ship or sell here for a few years.. some of us live close to other states...

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 5:32 AM, Adkhunter1590 said:

EPA says glysophate doesn’t cause cancer.

the EPA protects the environment, and with regards to human health their concern is large pollution and how it'd impact human health, whereas branches like OSHA and the FDA would be a better source. But good luck with them putting out a statement in this political world.

the EPA protects the environment, and with regards to human health their concern is large pollution and how it'd impact human health, whereas branches like OSHA and the FDA would be a better source. But good luck with them putting out a statement in this political world.

Understood. But the scientists they use to make this determination are more than likely the same ones on the FDA payroll. From what I read, the lawsuit against Monsanto is going down in flames in appeals courts.

15 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Understood. But the scientists they use to make this determination are more than likely the same ones on the FDA payroll. From what I read, the lawsuit against Monsanto is going down in flames in appeals courts.

i just wanted to clarify for others that's all. You're correct in that the lawsuit will be tough to win.

but always keep an eyebrow raised with the billions and billions of dollars behind it. Money rules the world. 

I use the same generic Gly that every farmer in my area does. I mix it super heavy, about 4 times whats called for, throw some plant oil in there along with a touch of 2-4D and spray away with my ATV sprayer. Its like napalm. Only bad part is it eats the rubber lines on my sprayer up after a couple of years. No biggie to replace those though.