Plateau

XGX7PM

So back around patties day ł decided it was time for a change. Let myself get up to 255lbs and had to get it turned around.

ł greatly (not dangerously) reduced my caloric intake and became more active. Good news is ł recently hit my major goal of sub 200lbs, currently at 198lbs.

But ł'm stuck and am not seeing any movement, time to change it up again. This time in the fitness department as my diet has improved 3 fold in 2019.

Anyone done "Insanity"? ł am thinking it is the change up ł need to get me to my final goal of the 170lb-180lb range by 2020 as it's cardio based not overly time consuming and requires minimal equipment. 

• Like 4

Holy $hit! That’s unreal...55 pounds in 4 months. Congrats! I have heard from others (not me- too busy loading the what’s for dinner thread) that they alternate between insanity and P90X ...P90 being more for muscle building and insanity more for fat burning/cardio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, XGX7PM said:

So back around patties day ł decided it was time for a change. Let myself get up to 255lbs and had to get it turned around.

ł greatly (not dangerously) reduced my caloric intake and became more active. Good news is ł recently hit my major goal of sub 200lbs, currently at 198lbs.

But ł'm stuck and am not seeing any movement, time to change it up again. This time in the fitness department as my diet has improved 3 fold in 2019.

Anyone done "Insanity"? ł am thinking it is the change up ł need to get me to my final goal of the 170lb-180lb range by 2020 as it's cardio based not overly time consuming and requires minimal equipment. 

My wife is really into the insanity,and i have done it some. It is a serious workout and works ALL your muscles. My advice is to take it easy in the beginning or you will be very very sore. Amazing how long and hard a 30 min workout can be. It is a good program though. 

I went at it too hard the first time i tried. I am a mason and thought i had pretty good triceps and went hard for the tricep dips. In the middle of the night i woke up with so much pain in my arms i thought i was having a heart attack when the one arm started 10 mins before the other,haha.

So do what you can and improve every time you do it.

Congrats ! Stay with it .

Insanity ,PX90, and the like are all good. I really like Ross Enamait aka Ross training , he has a few books out with programs all layed  out . I did his book “Infinite Intensity “ Awesome workouts .

http://rosstraining.com/blog/infinite-intensity/

http://rosstraining.com/blog/

Edited by Nomad
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, having to buy up another size in Jean's and none of my suits fitting me was not going to work. Jeans were tight with relaxed fit 38's, thinned out enough to carry my G27 with IWB in 33's!

ł had a career change, went from a really nice desk job after the Gov shutdown to a very physical job in production. Waiting on the callback from the old job and want to really stick these results while pursuing an ideal weight/leanness.

Everything lined up and it's been working out.

No actual time spent in a gym or "exercising", just huge change in diet and much more active at work.

That's why ł think it's time to add an exercise regimen of some sort. P90x or Insanity just seem like what would be more convenient working 12 hour shifts. 30-60 minute workout first thing in the morning would be ideal.

Truly appreciate all the kind words.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XGX7PM said:

Thanks, having to buy up another size in Jean's and none of my suits fitting me was not going to work. Jeans were tight with relaxed fit 38's, thinned out enough to carry my G27 with IWB in 33's!

ł had a career change, went from a really nice desk job after the Gov shutdown to a very physical job in production. Waiting on the callback from the old job and want to really stick these results while pursuing an ideal weight/leanness.

Everything lined up and it's been working out.

No actual time spent in a gym or "exercising", just huge change in diet and much more active at work.

That's why ł think it's time to add an exercise regimen of some sort. P90x or Insanity just seem like what would be more convenient working 12 hour shifts. 30-60 minute workout first thing in the morning would be ideal.

Truly appreciate all the kind words.

My wife does it first thing in the morning. I like the quote" work out in the morning before my brain wakes up and knows what i am up to.