Is it time to put in for rutcation yet?

UpStateRedNeck

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Done in Jan!  Planned hunting days-

Oct 1, 24,25,31,

Nov 1,5,6,7,12,13,14

all for bow/xbow not counting weekends . 

Then weekends and holidays for gun season. Bring it. 

Nice!!!!so far ive only got off oct 1st haha.had to burn some vac time for house move in/house related stuff.have 52hrs vac left.if feel as if its going to be a great morning hunt that i cant miss,i may be feeling sick that day*cough cough*

• Like 1

My problem isn't the time to burn at work, it's saddling my wife with getting 2 kids out of the house multiple days in a row.  So to give her a break I rarely take consecutive days off.  Which to be honest, sucks.  A week in the woods is something I need to keep sane.  Been dealing with it for 7 seasons now, 2 more left.  Once both kids are getting on that big yellow bus I'm blocking off November 10th through black Friday.

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Took half days on every friday from 10/25-11/8.  Then took 11/11&11/15 for back to back 3 day weekends.  But if i get one before then ill take the time off during gun or muzzleloader. 

Would you take 11/11&11/15 or 11/4&11/8?

Dont think you can go wrong with any of those.  My favorite time of year is about Nov 3-7th.  Usually see a lot of chasing but got my biggest buck ever two days before the end of bow.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Dont think you can go wrong with any of those.  My favorite time of year is about Nov 3-7th.  Usually see a lot of chasing but got my biggest buck ever two days before the end of bow.  

Usually thats my best time also.  Ive seen the most activity but never taken one then. Usually before holloween or after the 10th.   I have time to change it if i want to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Larry said:

I have from Oct. 30 to Dec. 2nd off to hunt

I used to do this, pre-marriage and children.  Max vacation time so I had to take off like 3 weeks.  Day I seem to miss most is hunting Thanksgiving morning.  First big buck I ever killed was that morning.

9 hours ago, Larry said:

You SUCK!  lol just jealous.  I have 17 days left for the year.  Think I will get some time opening day, late October but I always miss this time getting called back into work.  Then the big Adirondack trip early November.   Should leave me with 2 days left for the year possibly taking off thanksgiving or late season for tracking. 

Larry I hope your shoot a slob opening day and have 2 months to gloat about it! :crazy:  Good luck!

The author of the OP's attached link should have stopped after the first 2 paragraphs. Began contradicting his own original insights with the rutting moon thing.

Oh boy, you poor working people having to plan hunting vacation!! I used to take Fridays off from 2nd/3rd week of Oct and then Fri & Mon off beginning ~Nov 5-10th or so. Don't be haters - I'm retired now so whenever the mood strikes I'm in a tree. Only problem with that is I have gotten too picky when I hunt. TOO hot, TOO windy, TOO rainy, TOO whatever... Have actually been called-out & made fun of my TOO excuses, but I've learnt to embrace those choices. :pleasantry:

Edited by nyslowhand

17 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Calling it quits in December (retiring - tried twice already) ! Permanent vacation , I may have to get some tilling equipment for my ATV and turn over 1-2 acres on my property for a food plot . Gotta have something to do or I'll lose it !

Manage your property, you will have time to do nothing else....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Is it just me, or does it feel really strange to have the gun opener so far ahead of Thanksgiving this year? It has me all screwed up for vacation.
So far I have Oct 30, 31 Nov 1, 7, 8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 Dec 16, 17

I don’t like it, deer take will be massive the first two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/9/2019 at 5:43 AM, Larry said:

Poor guy.  Well even with limited time I hope you connect.   Lol

nov 1-11 for me subject to some judge lacking understanding and over my objections scheduling something.   

• Like 1

Luckily, my vacation days are somewhat flexible. Plans fell through on some days, but looks like now I'm taking off last week of October & first week of November. Deer hunting isn't the priority, but I'll have to rest my dog a few days, so I'll probably get in a few sits bowhunting somewhere.

I chuckle at these rut predictions, it's like clockwork, deer move first week of November, and a week before & a week after. We love to over-complicate things.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I don’t like it, deer take will be massive the first two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im not sure that it will. Deer will still respond to the pressure of opening week/weekend like they always do.

Im still taking thanksgiving week off and a couple of day after the opener. My land is smack in the middle of a good size unpressured area. As long as I keep pressure off of my place, the deer move pretty naturally through there, even during gun season, because the majority of the pressure is around that area, a little ways from my place.

I took off 10/1 and 10/2 to hopefully a catch an acorn eating buck. Then I’ll take 4-5 days in November. So 6-7 weekdays in addition to all weekends available to hunt and thurs/fri TG holidays except a wedding 10/11 and my wife’s baby shower 12/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk