2019 Football Thread

grampy

Welcome to another football season! Kinda boring, but NFL preseason starts tonight. 

Looking forward to catching a couple Panthers games. And some other NFL games over the course of the season. Go Panthers!

Also some college games, as they are every bit as good, if not better than watching the pro's with the right matchups. Go Gamecocks!

What's your favorite teams? Are you expecting them to go all the way, or just be better than last year?

Had to watch the Bills game on my iPad since stupid DirecTV is blocking our local NBC affiliate. They had the game on 212.1 but it was blacked out and redirected me to the local channel, which of course was blacked out due to their dispute with NBC. Not a happy camper with DirecTV - they have gone downhill since ATT took them over. Considering cancelling after 20+ years with them and going over to DishTV.

What I could see on the choppy feed was that Josh looked poised, but still has to work on his accuracy. Zay dropped a sure TD pass that he should have had and Josh got sacked on the next play. Without that drop, Josh would have been positive on pass attempts with a TD and no sacks. I'll take that from a second year guy in the first rust shaking game of the season. Barkley is a solid number 2 that wouldn't scare me if he had to start a couple of games. OL play generally wasn't bad except for Bodine at center - ugh. Singletary reminded me a bit of Thurman, I like the kid! The Christian Wade TD happened after I went to bed, but I saw the video this morning and that guy has a high motor! Defense looked stout and should be a highlight this year.

Even though it's just the preseason, I'm glad that football is back, and that only means bow season is that much closer!

• Like 2

• 8 months later...