Pulled the trigger on a deer rifle

35 minutes ago, f3cbboy said:

I put the trigger spring in that grampy reccommended about 2 yrs ago now i think and this helped tremendously.  I think it started breaking at about 3.5 lbs instead about 8.5 lbs as it came from factory.  Groups get way better and i stopped "throwing" a round every now and again.

I did make a thread on replacing the trigger spring for the Axis a couple years ago. IMO...it was as much an improvement on that rifle, as swapping out, and upgrading the glass that came on it. Making it a VERY accurate shooter, to out past 200 yards.

My hunting partner won an Axis in 30-06. He bought a Boyd's stock for it, along with upgrading the the glass and trigger spring. It now looks as good as it shoots, and fit perfectly. Been meaning to get one of those stocks for mine. 

The 7mm-08 chambering in the Axis will be VERY easy on recoil, even with the 140gr cartridges. But the 120gr like Pygmy said, will kill a deer just as dead. Your daughter will not have a problem at all, managing the recoil of that rifle Jay. 

Looking forward to the range pic's!!    Send it!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Treeguy helped me get it dialed in. Started at 20 yards , then 50 then to 100. Love the trigger. Broke it in using Savages suggested shoot , hoppes , dry patch , brush etc etc.   Decent bark but less bite than I anticipated. Daughter will have no troubles shooting it. Don’t have but 15 rounds thru it so still honeymoon phase. Last few shots are the best. Can’t wait til more range time and get her out in the woods this year. Thanks Andrew 

E1054824-822F-410D-A06D-1903CE27E360.jpeg

B5A37E35-59D8-41A4-81F2-A0FE72E4F6D9.jpeg

• Like 9