blackbeltbill

If You Own Private Land And A Hunter Shows Up At Your Door-- Do You Grant Access??

43 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Still a no. She's flat as a pancake

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

But there’s some scant underboob!

2x .shes a  Pirates delight.

Ok I’ll bite. What a pirates delight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you can hunt here then!
Why thank you! Given my current luck on the property I've hunted for the past 15 years I may need to take you up on that offer for a day. Think I really just need to expand my range and climb up in different spots on the property. I go low the damn deer go high. If I go high they go low! Those bastards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Why thank you! Given my current luck on the property I've hunted for the past 15 years I may need to take you up on that offer for a day. Think I really just need to expand my range and climb up in different spots on the property. I go low the damn deer go high. If I go high they go low! Those bastards!

Sounds like me!  I go up high and they go into a  swamp!  I go into a swamp and they go up high!  They never want to follow my plan!  lol dumb deer!

• Like 2

I will let guys trap and hunt coyotes. 

• Like 1

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

On 8/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, old man river said:

Different Type of Thread to be sure-- but, I see very many members of Huntingny own Private Land.-- Storm's Good Thread covered that. Some have huge Chunks of Private Land. So what do you say when a hopeful Hunter shows up at your door with a hopeful smile on his or her face?

I haven't had one ask in years. Last one was the logger and his sons. I let them hunt., neighbor asked and I let him hunt/ride his sidexside for years now.  Funny thing was logger said he was surprised as he heard I was an a$$hole and didnt let people on.. I just told him yep those are all the ones I've kicked off for not asking...

I will say it is easier to let.someone hunt you know or at.least.have met seen around before, a list of references they may know.

Edited by G-Man

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

I only have 50 acres and 45 of it is open/tillable so for deer, no.  Barely room for me.  :stop:

I let a couple friends hunt turkeys when they want to bring their kids because it's a good spot to bring kids and I'm not interested in shooting the stupid things. :hunter-smiley-face:

Now if someone pulls in with a trailer load of goose decoys, a dog and room in the lineup for me to drop my layout blind safely, it's on!  :party:

• Like 1

Happiness is cupped wings.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, covert said:

I only have 50 acres and 45 of it is open/tillable so for deer, no.  Barely room for me.  :stop:

I let a couple friends hunt turkeys when they want to bring their kids because it's a good spot to bring kids and I'm not interested in shooting the stupid things. :hunter-smiley-face:

Now if someone pulls in with a trailer load of goose decoys, a dog and room in the lineup for me to drop my layout blind safely, it's on!  :party:

How, I wish more hunters would have no interest in Turkeys or a waning interest.:)

I assume not. I can't even find somebody willing to let me use their land if I pay them. 

On 8/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, covert said:

Where are you located?

No I work hard for my land and my dad worked hard for years for his. I have swapped a deer hunt for goose permission before but that's it 

16 hours ago, virgil said:

Where are you located?

Utica/Rome area.

Wait.  I don't owe you money do I?  Because if I do I live in Massena.

Edited by covert
  • Haha 2

Happiness is cupped wings.

9 hours ago, covert said:

Utica/Rome area.

Wait.  I don't owe you money do I?  Because if I do I live in Massena.

Ha. No. I was referring to the part about the guys with the trailer full of dekes and a dog looking for a field to hunt geese. 

11 hours ago, virgil said:

Ha. No. I was referring to the part about the guys with the trailer full of dekes and a dog looking for a field to hunt geese. 

You ever looking to go we have the trailer and more than enough dekes. You have the earlier season and property 

8FDAC300-BE88-43C8-8CA9-ED9690EC010D.jpeg

My property is all woods.  I wish we could hunt ducks and geese on it.  There's a pond on the neighbors property that ducks and geese fly in and out of all day long.  Drives me crazy.  He doesn't allow hunting of any kind.  My buddies and I would love to find a spot upstate to hunt waterfowl.  We have the dekes and dog, but haven't found a good spot yet.

25 minutes ago, virgil said:

My property is all woods.  I wish we could hunt ducks and geese on it.  There's a pond on the neighbors property that ducks and geese fly in and out of all day long.  Drives me crazy.  He doesn't allow hunting of any kind.  My buddies and I would love to find a spot upstate to hunt waterfowl.  We have the dekes and dog, but haven't found a good spot yet.

I have a really good wood duck spot upstate but I enjoy goose hunting more. 

30 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

I have a really good wood duck spot upstate but I enjoy goose hunting more. 

Oh man.  I'd love for a good spot for puddle ducks.  We have permission at a few spots.  But, the action is fair at best.  We did get permission on some fields for geese that we're gonna try this season.

When I owned my camp, I let the neighbors know they could hunt my land as long as my truck wasn't there, and most offered the same arrangement back. I only had a couple people call or write me asking for permission, and I told them the same thing. I was 300 miles away most of the time, it just wasn't worth spending times hunting humans.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 2:31 AM, The Jerkmann said:

How, I wish more hunters would have no interest in Turkeys or a waning interest.:)

Most of the land I got permission to hunt in Delaware county was Turkey only farmers could.care less about them, asked 3 farmers all gave permission for turkey

• Like 1

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!