Boldt Castle

moog5050

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

So apparently the guides all have exclusive rights to use one island from 11-3pm each day for the lunch.   Our guide and another cooked together on a wood burning outdoor stove.  I think the lunch is the same for all guides.   Fresh salad, fresh BLTs, they fry the fish you catch and some salt potatoes and then french toast for dessert.   It was all very good and eating in it outdoors on the island was icing on the cake.   Kinda pricey to catch bass but still fun.   

There are a few islands open for public use dunno if that's one of them..

We used to camp at Jaques Cartier park all the time and fish out by American island.  There was an island (that i don't remember the name of)  behind it you could dock your boat and it was right on the shipping lane.  We would go there and make steamed clams and corn and dogs etc on the grill.  Hang out there for the day and watch the ships go by.  Was always a great day.  

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

There are a few islands open for public use dunno if that's one of them..

We used to camp at Jaques Cartier park all the time and fish out by American island.  There was an island (that i don't remember the name of)  behind it you could dock your boat and it was right on the shipping lane.  We would go there and make steamed clams and corn and dogs etc on the grill.  Hang out there for the day and watch the ships go by.  Was always a great day.  

The folks who live next door to my family's place up there bought a small group of islands a few years ago, not too far from the shipping lane.  They built a  fancy shack on one and have a grill out there.    We take the kids there to swim, because the water is much clearer and cooler than in the bay, which tends to get very weedy and too hot at this time of year.   Besides the swimming, It is a cool place to watch the sunsets and the ships go by.  My brother's girlfriend is a great cook and she whipped up some tasty cassidias while we were out there last week.   I will have to try some fish on the grill next time I go, which probably won't be till next August.            

• Like 1

Off the east end of Grindstone Island the guides association has a place they built many years ago they use. North of there is Canoe Point, a state park, and there are actually a fair number of other island spots anyone can use. My main interest is learning new and more pike  and walleye techniques. It is a great area to go to regardless of the reason.