How many Hunt alone ?

JR60

Most of my 3S bow sits are solo - my hunting partner is not in the management program I am in so that solo(even if other guys are there in the program) and another parcel we access is so small it’s tight for two. When in Columbia county I’m usually with my partner (the one who owns the land)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did for years after my dad died, then I got my wife into hunting and when my oldest son was old enough he started . . But I usually do get a few times by myself every year. Love hunting with the family but do enjoy going by my self. 

I gun hunt more often with someone. End of season we tend to do some pushes with a couple of us.  Prob bow hunt alone 3/4 of the time. I share a lease with a guy and we do hunt together when we can. But work schedules don't always match up and we both have other spots to hunt too .  

I def like to hunt with a buddy though.  We text a lot when we are hunting at the same time too. Cause even though we are hunting the same place we aren't together but on different spots on the property.  But it's fun to get together to plan out hunts and talk about the hunt after.   

Always have a breakfast on opening day of gun with some buddies too.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Almost all the time nowadays.uncle,great uncle and grandfather all passed on(my hunting partners).father tries to get out over the last 2 years on weekends so every once in a while he'll be in the woods with me.dont mind hunting alone though.the squirrels usually do a good enough job of keeping me on edge and not bored!

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cause even though we are hunting the same place we aren't together but on different spots on the property.  But it's fun to get together to plan out hunts and talk about the hunt after.   

Tis the part i miss about hunting with"the guys".meet up early at the house,have coffee n plan who's sitting where.ripping on em if they missed/the handshakes and smiles after a good hunt.prob why i get a hot mess in the woods after a kill.all the memories come back and in the end puts a smile on my face

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

I hunt alone almost all of the time.  Gets creepy at times behind my house, not going to lie...

The first hunt of the season I get that every year then it goes away .

I find having cell phone and internet service in woods you hunt when alone helps with that .

Years ago before smart phones and internet hunting alone  really gave you that feeling at times .

• Like 1

I have hunted alone quite a bit since retiring . Last year I had a medical problem and only hunted when one of my sons could go with me . I expect to do some lone hunting this coming season . Nothing like peace and quiet and being one with nature .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunter007 said:

The first hunt of the season I get that every year then it goes away .

I find having cell phone and internet service in woods you hunt when alone helps with that .

Years ago before smart phones and internet hunting alone  really gave you that feeling at times .

I always have my phone, but it just feels odd being completely alone.  I am honestly not scared, I would admit it if I was...but it just feels as if I am being watched.  I have always felt this way alone in the woods.  I would rather be alone in the woods than in the city though, kind of weird...

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I gun hunt more often with someone. End of season we tend to do some pushes with a couple of us.  Prob bow hunt alone 3/4 of the time. I share a lease with a guy and we do hunt together when we can. But work schedules don't always match up and we both have other spots to hunt too .  

I def like to hunt with a buddy though.  We text a lot when we are hunting at the same time too. Cause even though we are hunting the same place we aren't together but on different spots on the property.  But it's fun to get together to plan out hunts and talk about the hunt after.   

Always have a breakfast on opening day of gun with some buddies too.

Something about a pre-hunt breakfast that’s magical 

15 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I hunt alone almost all of the time.  Gets creepy at times behind my house, not going to lie...

Not gunna lie either.gets a bit weird walking through field along hedgerow at 530am n birds etc start popping out in front of me.gets my ticker going!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

I always have my phone, but it just feels odd being completely alone.  I am honestly not scared, I would admit it if I was...but it just feels as if I am being watched.  I have always felt this way alone in the woods.  I would rather be alone in the woods than in the city though, kind of weird...

Hiking alone I never get that feeling but just staying in one spot alone gives   me that  strange feeling always the first hunt of the year anyway. 

Not fear really  just like you feel out of place I guess  just sitting there . And I guess the feeling of being watched because usually I'm on public land and a lot of times you are being watched.  

• Like 1

Just now, doebuck1234 said:

Not gunna lie either.gets a bit weird walking through field along hedgerow at 530am n birds etc start popping out in front of me.gets my ticker going!

I hear ya.  I wish I could shake it, it honestly holds me back as far as hunting goes

12 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Something about a pre-hunt breakfast that’s magical 

Used to always be at hunting camp when I was a kid.  Have it at my house now with a couple of buddies. Kind of a tradition now.  And always look forward to it. Old hunting stories over coffee before the gun opener is just the way it should be. 

Also the best part of gun season. Bow is usually a much more solo endeavor and have had a full month and a half of it and the change to gun for opening day is something to look forward to. Im actually not as into gun season unless I have others with me. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1