2019 NFL Thread

BizCT

It’s time for the annual NFL Thread.

How about those chieeeeeeeeeeeeefs? I’m not a big preseason guy, but Mahomes looked sharp. Every preseason game without injuries is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuttle-butt several weeks ago by sports jocks was the prediction Mahomes might re-peat MVP. Wish I had their crystal ball!

Pre-season injuries (and of course more $$) is why NFL owners & NFLPA are all-in for a longer season w/ fewer pre-season games - injures before the games actually matter.

Just when you begin to get excited about the upcoming season, idiots like Antonio Brown surface and muddy the water. Or the ongoing self-destructive Packers story line... Then there's us poor WNY'ers stuck in our love/hate relationship with the Bills. Questionable, over-aged RBs, a franchise QB with lingering accuracy issues,... Come on Browns, rise from the ashes!

Especially when Tyreek Hill just gets to walk back into camp unscathed. It really is sickening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What about Kareem Hunt! He’s gonna rush for 212yds and 4TD’s in AFC Championship game for the Browns and Beat the Chiefs!

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What about Kareem Hunt! He’s gonna rush for 212yds and 4TD’s in AFC Championship game for the Browns and Beat the Chiefs!

Also a scumbag but not nearly the level of monster that Hill is. He didnt beat up his pregnant girlfriend. He also doesnt make his child hold his arms out and punch him in the chest when he cries to teach him a lesson. Also he didnt break his toddlers arm. But I am happy the Chiefs can overlook all of that because he can catch a ball

• Like 3

Not only does the NFL allow American hating players to ply their trade, they will probably support their demands to take away your firearms.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/jay-maxson/2019/08/07/usa-today-glorifies-anthem-protester-stills-who-has-answers?fbclid=IwAR1ZgF4SP-KFH9Jlp28QzKf8HixUyqaw6tGMraDVAnyBtCig96pm5XtXnXU

• Like 1

Also a scumbag but not nearly the level of monster that Hill is. He didnt beat up his pregnant girlfriend. He also doesnt make his child hold his arms out and punch him in the chest when he cries to teach him a lesson. Also he didnt break his toddlers arm. But I am happy the Chiefs can overlook all of that because he can catch a ball

Chiefs acted too fast cutting Hunt. It’s not fair. The NfL realized that so they cut us slack on Hill.

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s too bad they didn’t think Mahomes was good enough to draft instead of trading him to Chiefs. I’d be a Bills fan right now

Mahomes definitely looks good. I’m not remotely close on giving up on Josh Allen though. I billeive the kids has it!

Mahomes definitely looks good. I’m not remotely close on giving up on Josh Allen though. I billeive the kids has it!

Who? What about Nate Petermann?

In all seriousness, with the schedule, talent and year two, Allen Has to win 8 games this year or they’re gonna draft another qb

IRC, the Bills put all their hopes in the Allen draft choice. The fans knew they also needed an upgrade to their offensive line for Allen to even have a chance of success. Bills seemed to be addressing that in 2019. Hoping he can rise to the challenge with a little OL protection. Would hate to see Allen follow in the path of Rosen and not given a fighting chance to succeed. Then there's the questionable RB situation with a couple of mid-30yo "go to" guys.... I'm a love/hate fan, but I do feel sorry for the fans looking for another Kelley era glory days to emerge.. soon!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pigmy said:

black man hurt your feelings again?

you knew what this thread was about and had to come in and remind everyone how you feel anyhow?

Yeah, it's about the NFL, right?  Well, I don't see where much has changed since it started allowing people to disrespect the flag, the police, the military and the country in general. 

It ain't about skin color son.  It's about the attitude.

I'm not about to subsidize any organization that allows such disrespect, and I feel an obligation to speak up when people do.

I've never understood what people get out of watching football in the first place.  It's mere entertainment, yet fans seem to feel they actually have some sort of impact on the team and it's success when they watch a game and cheer at a TV screen.  People actually think they are part of the team when they're fanatics.  

It's a game.  But they're giving it a lot of their money.  When the organization that benefits from your money starts using it against you, it's time to stop giving it your money.

you made my point. You never liked football before and you don't like it now either. Yet you've entered into a thread about the nfl to muck it up.

One thing I've noticed in my life about those who pick political extremes, is that they can never accept some people are into things that they are not and what makes someone else happy can be vastly different from their own.

I enjoy the escape from reality, the emotional swings that come with sports and more importantly that my kids are participating and learning valuable skills. I enjoy catching a game with a buddy I haven't seen in a while. We will spend far more time bs'ing than watching, but the game is the excuse to get together. I enjoy friendly bets with my cowboys fan brother in law and the fantasy football league I've been in for 15 years, all still with good friends from college. If those things aren't for you, that's fine. But you don't have to knock it down for others. 

I used to enjoy football years ago.  I just can't abide anything that's knocking down what I love.  People used to have far less tolerance for sedition.  Times have certainly changed.  I guess the transformation of America has had some success.

BTW, there's always hockey.  I like hockey.

Edited by Rattler

• 4 weeks later...
Tomorrow night’s kickoff game should be a BEAUTY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s a nice warmup I guess. But America is waiting for Chiefs/Jaguars on Sunday. The last 2 teams in AFC championship game 2018 and 2017. Both lost to Pats