2019 NFL Thread

BizCT

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

We will revisit then. And he was damned good in 2011 and 2012 before your other overrated coach decided Kaep was better

Never forget he outdueled Brees and Eli in the playoff games. Would have went to SB against Pats if not for 2 fluke fumbles by Kyle Williams on punt returns. 

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

wonder what the record is most career starts without ever throwing for 267 yards or more in a game. in such a passing league, it seem impossible that he has gone 25 straight to start his career

the team is built around the run game and defense. neither of those 2 things require a 300 yard passer. To be fair, if he hit even 1 of those deep balls that would have been huge for the team. I'm confident he will get there and I'm glad they're not ruining him by asking him to throw 50 times a game. He will build skill and confidence.

There is something to be said for the yards he gets on the ground too. Those are almost always big first down pickups on 3rd down that dont show up the same in the stat sheet. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

the team is built around the run game and defense. neither of those 2 things require a 300 yard passer. To be fair, if he hit even 1 of those deep balls that would have been huge for the team. I'm confident he will get there and I'm glad they're not ruining him by asking him to throw 50 times a game. He will build skill and confidence.

There is something to be said for the yards he gets on the ground too. Those are almost always big first down pickups on 3rd down that dont show up the same in the stat sheet. 

The true test will be the playoffs and next year when they don't play the worst schedule in NFL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yes. Alex Smith was absolute garbage for seven years. I dont know if anyone will ever be that patient with a QB again though, its not the norm

you're right. Tanehill's recent performance might just get some to rethink it though. There was a time not that long ago that no rookie QB started. Now it's abnormal for him to sit. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Never forget he outdueled Brees and Eli in the playoff games. Would have went to SB against Pats if not for 2 fluke fumbles by Kyle Williams on punt returns. 

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The true test will be the playoffs and next year when they don't play the worst schedule in NFL.

We beat the Titans in Tenn, the team you are most afraid of

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

lol we've beaten Tannehill for years

not when paired with Henry. It would be a route, just like Chiefs/Bills will be a route wildcard weekend. Didn't the Bills lose to Blake Bortles in the playoffs recently?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

not when paired with Henry. It would be a route, just like Chiefs/Bills will be a route wildcard weekend. Didn't the Bills lose to Blake Bortles in the playoffs recently?

He had plenty of good RBs, dont forget they are a dime a dozen. Tyrod lost to Bortles, replay that game with Allen and id put $5k on us. Not even kidding

53 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

He had plenty of good RBs, dont forget they are a dime a dozen. Tyrod lost to Bortles, replay that game with Allen and id put $5k on us. Not even kidding

Yup. The Jags "run" is over. They had their ticket punched to SB then blew it to Pats in second half and never recovered.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

yeah just paired with a monster by the name of gee IDK Ricky freaking Williams.

edit i jumped the gun and i dont think they played together, but he did have lamar miller who ran for ~3k yards in 3 years and #8 all time backs for the fins. 

Edited by Belo

Everyone thinks bills are a shoe in for playoffs but If they lose to pittsburgh which I do not have a great feeling.... This could snow ball into losing streak to end season.....  They are not gonna beat Pats and Then it is must win against jets who could get some payback. Hope I am wrong.

12 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Everyone thinks bills are a shoe in for playoffs but If they lose to pittsburgh which I do not have a great feeling.... This could snow ball into losing streak to end season.....  They are not gonna beat Pats and Then it is must win against jets who could get some payback. Hope I am wrong.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

I think its possible for Bills to lose the next 3 games and still make it into the playoffs.   Of course... lets hope we don't need to worry about that. 

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That would be an embarrassment. I want two of three

Correct... Bills just need to win a game to clinch it.  I don't want to be watching the Texans/Titans game to see if Bills get in. 

We already did that 2 years ago with Bengals and Ravens.  And what a difference 2 years makes with those 2 teams.