Cheap ass trail cams

Hey , so i know that some of this is my fault because I did t retrieve my cams right after the season and they were left out all winter ( and spring ) but on one of the cams the contraption that holds your card and pushes it out ( kind of like a spring) is broke ; why would inclement weather cause that? Also, the cards say that they’re full and stopped taking pics around December , about 4-5 months worth of pics, does that sound right ? 

Thanks 

Edited by Northcountryman

It’s possible it depends on the SD Card. If you have a 1 Gb card that’s about 500 pics. I run 4 GB cards in mine and they are left out all year and never had on come up full. I know when I check mine I get all excited because it says 2000 pics and 1900 of them are wind making a branch sway or snow blowing pics.

• Like 2

It’s possible it depends on the SD Card. If you have a 1 Gb card that’s about 500 pics. I run 4 GB cards in mine and they are left out all year and never had on come up full. I know when I check mine I get all excited because it says 2000 pics and 1900 of them are wind making a branch sway or snow blowing pics.
The other 99 are squirrels and maybe if you're lucky 1 deer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, greensider said:

I have had cameras ranging from 20 to 150 so far I have had both ends quit every time it was during extreme cold below zero so I will now only buy cameras under 40 bucks if it quits it will be far less painful 

Better to buy 4 for $ 40 ea.  than 1 for $ 160 , the odds are with you that way ! And then you get what you paid for .

I have 16gb cards and I can have them full in a week in a few travel corridors. I have to check those spots every 3 days or it takes hours to go through all the photos, 4 or 5 months is good battery life. Just get a pair of forceps to pull cards

I use 32 GB cards average from 300 to 1000 pics/2 min movies in a week.

What I found I needed to do was set the reset time between pucs/movies to 5 minutes and it has dropped the amount of same deer/bear/turkey pics

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DICKs & F&S have an $80 Stealth cam with batteries and 8SD card for $49.99 when you trade in an old camera with the offer . Camera is &79.99 and you get $30 off for the trade in ...........

I have three stealth cams and they are excellent. Batteries last for thousands of pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro