Reelin For A Cure 2019

TreeGuy

2 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

If there is fish, there will be pics ! And I def plan on taking pics !!!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

How is it out there?  Picking up at all?  I heard it slowed down over the summer but they should be staging soon.  We never even got the boat wet this year.

How is it out there?  Picking up at all?  I heard it slowed down over the summer but they should be staging soon.  We never even got the boat wet this year.
Got some heavy east and north blows this week, so I'm hoping the temps will settle back in. Bite has been ok, not the quantity of last year but a good class of fish. I've seen a handful over 30# caught this year. One almost 40# on the North shore.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Got some heavy east and north blows this week, so I'm hoping the temps will settle back in. Bite has been ok, not the quantity of last year but a good class of fish. I've seen a handful over 30# caught this year. One almost 40# on the North shore.

I will take quality over quantity any day.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Well.... We sure had a memorable day !

First off, thank you all sincerely for your donations. If you could have seen the tears in the womans eyes who runs "hope for 2" you would have have easily seen how much it meant to her. And that's on you guys !

Now, on to the day....

Forecast : N/NE wind at 5 knots
Waves: 1' or less

Reality, East wind 6-10
Waves.... well, there were lots of them and they were far from 1'. We bombed out to 350fow and I started setting the 8 rod spread. Immediately took a shot on the rigger and after 2 fantastic leaps out of the water we lost our first fish. Another bite came, "baby" I said when it hit the net yet the girl who reeled it in was freaking out about how big it was.....so we kept it. Meanwhile, one of the other girls had started to fill the puke bucket and was getting worse and worse...so after 28min of fishing, we headed back to port. Dropped her off and as we bombed back out, the lake had picked up. Schlogging through 4'rs would have put us back in the spot in about 1.5 hours so I decided we should just grind out the inside. Set back up in 160fow and started back at it. Water temps were against us. 160fow was 50° at surface and 40° down 35 feet, if your not familiar with what I'm saying, basically we were in horrible water where it was gonna be extremely hard to find em. We lost a few fish today for no particular reason but we were able to get another teen fish in the box. Once time got close I turned us and pointed her towards the harbor and trolled into em. I started pulling lines when a dipsy rod hammered.... This was our fish ! I have never in my career seen a dipsy rod buried halfway in the water, I grabbed the rod, got it pointed up and....SNAP ! Rod popped in half... So I have one of the girls grab the lower portion while I held the top section all the while the drag is just screaming with a mature king on the other end. She battled the fish as best she could but he ended up coming off. Upon further inspection, this fish bent the hook on top of snapping my rod. Laughed about it for a bit, and pulled the rest of the lines. Super tough bite today but the girls had a blast. I was just thankful to be out there supporting a great cause. Thanks again for your support !!

Pygmy. I showed them your pic and they were all very, very impressed but when they found out you were friends with me, they bailed.... Sorry pal, I tried. 3ba4fe24bcd8ab2dcce23399527f148e.jpg496e3d0a25c71330bfd80770cbeb93a5.jpgd8dc811b4c7027592eb6586e08e499f0.jpgb2334ab328d698e64828207391669473.jpgb431e021d47191d55acef3cf6e9ad60b.jpgd2956629a66d819f09ec0e43325d7ae1.jpgcfd4cf337261f14e585df6d56ed59fb6.jpgf1aa1b4d970292b4be9013076335c84a.jpg

• Like 11

Good job Andrew.   That north blows turns it over but you still did good under tough conditions.  
Ice water! The only guys/gals who filled the box were in 550+. Nobody had 6 king's. The only 6 fish box's were mixed with steelhead. Tough day for all.

• Like 1