Thoughts on this guy?

nybuckboy

It's only illegal if you hunt over bait which I don't but it's OK to hunt over food plots. I started a mock scrape there 4 years ago and piss on that log when I go out to check cams.

Edited by nybuckboy

One picture of a deer sniffing a log does not mean he is baiting . God forbid you get a picture of a deer with their nose pointing down. 

I agree 100% with you. Many of my pics they are head down eating acorns. However, the OP admitted to Baiting. But he edited all his responses now. But screenshots last forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I agree 100% with you. Many of my pics they are head down eating acorns. However, the OP admitted to Baiting. But he edited all his responses now. But screenshots last forever!

I didn't see any of that .

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You cannot bait deer anytime of the season. Check DEC regulations and save yourself a fine. I can’t imagine how many more pics I would get if I cheated

Its funny how this is posted on their  rules and regulations per seasons. But in person an ECON officer will tell you its only illegal during the hunting seasons. I had sat in two different classes/seminars this spring in 2 different counties, with 2 different officers, 1 a 20sum year vetran and the other a fairly new recruit.. and both officers said the exact same thing as one another.. Feeding is a ticketable offense if not used properly but both said its not illegal, only "Baiting" is.. Kind of weird huh? 

Its funny how this is posted on their  rules and regulations per seasons. But in person an ECON officer will tell you its only illegal during the hunting seasons. I had sat in two different classes/seminars this spring in 2 different counties, with 2 different officers, 1 a 20sum year vetran and the other a fairly new recruit.. and both officers said the exact same thing as one another.. Feeding is a ticketable offense if not used properly but both said its not illegal, only "Baiting" is.. Kind of weird huh? 

Sounds like morons to me. The rule has always been the same for years and years. Nothing has ever changed. People just try to make an excuses for why stores sell stuff. I wish NY would just go with a zero tolerance lifetime ban penalty. That would even out the playing field.

Btw, I’ve never heard an ECON Officer say it’s ok. In fact if you check the NY Outdoor Newspapers there are always blurbs about people being fined for illegal baiting in the “cuffs” section.

I'll take it one step further and say that I've always considered food plots as just another form of baiting.  I have absolutely nothing against food plots but that's how I see them.  I realize baiting with corn, apples, mineral blocks, etc. is illegal in NYS, but I honestly wouldn't care if it was legal.  Nothing to get riled up about.  Folks who think it would be a slam dunk hunting over bait are kidding themselves.   Plenty of hunters who hunt in states where baiting is allowed get skunked just like the rest of us.

10 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I'll take it one step further and say that I've always considered food plots as just another form of baiting.  I have absolutely nothing against food plots but that's how I see them.  I realize baiting with corn, apples, mineral blocks, etc. is illegal in NYS, but I honestly wouldn't care if it was legal.  Nothing to get riled up about.  Folks who think it would be a slam dunk hunting over bait are kidding themselves.   Plenty of hunters who hunt in states where baiting is allowed get skunked just like the rest of us.

Imagine the issues associated with trying to ban people from planting clover or turnips or wheat.  Lol.   Having not seen a bear over an entire week of hunting over bait, I can confirm it’s no guarantee.   

There was a case several years ago downstate I think that held that feeding deer is not unlawful. Baiting to hunt is a different question.  Probably why the Econ officers responded as they did.  

Yup, I think it’s a town in Sullivan or Ulster.

Last I read on DEC website, there is discussions about baiting being allowed in some form for certain landowners. Nothing has been finalized yet. I forget the phase the called it, but it’s in a phase of something until September 1st.