I hate coyotes.

UpStateRedNeck

Reminds me of a movie quote from " Ulzana's Raid"  one of the best westerns involving Apaches I have seen.

The quote from scout Burt Lancaster could very well be referring to coyotes, rather than Apaches...

" Hating Apaches because they are cruel is like hating the desert because there ain't no water...".....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Zooming in I only see the shoulders and head. I’d say a vehicle destroyed that deer and not a coyote 

There's no road within a mile man.  Most likely a portion is in that dogs rather bloated belly.

Yeah I get it Pygmy, they gotta eat too and there's a crapload of deer.  I've found too many dead farm animals to have anything but animosity to coyotes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Reminds me of a movie quote from " Ulzana's Raid"  one of the best westerns involving Apaches I have seen.

The quote from scout Burt Lancaster could very well be referring to coyotes, rather than Apaches...

" Hating Apaches because they are cruel is like hating the desert because there ain't no water...".....

I wasn't implying that you shouldn't control them....Using whatever methods that are necessary...

I would have felt the same way about Apaches during the 1880s, when they were busy  having their fun butchering and torturing

people...

Every year, in late winter, I find 3 or 4 mauled whitetail remains on my property.  Every spring, when fawns are being dropped and coyote season is closed, I see lots of them around on my land.  I swear NY State promotes this to lower the whitetail population.    

But yet seeing them in the woods is harder than seeing a trophy buck. We all know they are out there but if I see one every five or so years I'd be lucky. Yet tracks after track and sign after sign of a heavy presence in the area.

That's mother nature and the cycle of life .

• Like 1

Not nature, just the coyotes that become over populated in it.
I bet you don't have an overpopulation issue when we're talking animals YOU deem useful though... Walleyes or bass? Deer? I'm just saying, if there's an "overpopulation" of coyotes then the critters they eat may be too. Nature levels itself out.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I always have a couple around and plenty of deer.
I do have a young one that won’t stay outa the yard and come open season he will end that habit. He was eating apples under the tree 30 yards out the back door the other night. I walked out and yelled and clapped and he did not want to leave and didn’t hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One walked to within 30 yards of me yesterday afternoon while I was on a tractor bush-hogging.  It did not show any concern whatsoever and acted like a tame dog.  I would have loved to shot it with my .22 but until they change the law, I will hold off. 

On 8/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, Pygmy said:

I wasn't implying that you shouldn't control them....Using whatever methods that are necessary...

I would have felt the same way about Apaches during the 1880s, when they were busy  having their fun butchering and torturing

people...

I wonder who started the butchering,and who invaded whose territory. 

15 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I wonder who started the butchering,and who invaded whose territory. 

I wonder the same thing...Was it the Spaniards  ??  Perhaps it was the  Pueblos or the Navahos...

Probably it was the Hebrews...The Nazis seemed to think they were to blame for everything...

I'm glad we got THAT figured out !!...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wolc123 said:

One walked to within 30 yards of me yesterday afternoon while I was on a tractor bush-hogging.  It did not show any concern whatsoever and acted like a tame dog.  I would have loved to shot it with my .22 but until they change the law, I will hold off. 

Bless yore heart, Wolc… I never do any illegal either....Glad there are a COUPLE of us good guys left....

Of course, I must admit that I got a ticket for an unsafe tire back in 1968...The guilt from that STILL haunts me....<<sob>>…...

I am hoping that all of those thousands of dollars  I have donated over the last fifty years to the Widows and Orphans Fund have squared me  with the Big Guy up above...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, Paula said:

Looks odd

Sure does to me too Paula...........

I blew it up as much as possible on this end and it looks the fawn could still be alive. The coyote has a death grip around it's throat which could very well paralyze it OR as suggested earlier it was a fresh road kill.