I hate coyotes.

UpStateRedNeck

10 hours ago, chrisw said:

I bet you don't have an overpopulation issue when we're talking animals YOU deem useful though... Walleyes or bass? Deer? I'm just saying, if there's an "overpopulation" of coyotes then the critters they eat may be too. Nature levels itself out.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Any overpopulation of animals is bad and needs to be corrected.  Man's influence on the wild has corrupted nature's natural cycles.  Nature no longer levels itself out in all instances.  Coyote will kill many deer in an area that has few deer to begin with, before they move on to another area to kill more.  Too many coyote means few deer.  They are predators and vermin that can devastate the balance of nature in any given area, in very little time.

IMHO people who like them can't separate there warm feelings for dogs, from these wild voracious animals.

• Like 3

nope nothing like dogs have no issue in shooting them, but like it or not they are and most likely always will be part of nature and to be honest humans can devastate the balance way more then a yote can. Its also been proven that there diet is mostly rodents , bugs and plant matter yeah they kill fawns and some adult deer.

I wonder what it would take for NY state to open a year round hunting season on coyotes ?  What did other states do to get that done ?  They sure are smart animals.  I was amazed by how "safe" the one that I saw the other day acted like it was.   They never act like that, after the hunting season opens up in the fall.   I can understand why the "challenge-driven" folks love hunting them.    

There are some "positives" of coyotes, the main one being their reduction of nest predators like foxes and coons, which has an overall benefit on turkey, grouse, and pheasant populations.  They also get rid of woodchucks, which I see as a benefit.  When it comes deer, their taking out of the weakest, may improve the overall health of the herd.  We do not have any outside pets, and so long as none of them snatches one of our kids, I guess I am ok with them.      

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sure does to me too Paula...........

It is from your trail camera, UpStateRedNeck?

Yup.  I think whoever said the bottom half is chewed off might be right?  Fawns aren't small now and that dog is holding it up pretty high and trotting.  It is definitely not road kill.  The nearest road it could be killed on is a mile and 1000 feet down a hill away.

Any overpopulation of animals is bad and needs to be corrected.  Man's influence on the wild has corrupted nature's natural cycles.  Nature no longer levels itself out in all instances.  Coyote will kill many deer in an area that has few deer to begin with, before they move on to another area to kill more.  Too many coyote means few deer.  They are predators and vermin that can devastate the balance of nature in any given area, in very little time.
IMHO people who like them can't separate there warm feelings for dogs, from these wild voracious animals.
And you think that you know what nature needs? And you are responsible for leveling it out?? If you're so concerned about the fact that deer die naturally, maybe you should stop contributing to the problem also, why don't you stop killing deer? You're entitled to kill deer but a coyote isn't? Why? Because you paid the state for a license? This isn't grandma's anecdotal evidence anymore, studies have shown that coyotes only really predate on healthy deer during the fawning process, with that being fawns themselves. Perhaps you've heard the term "predator swamping"? I'm not going to keep dragging this out... It just gets under my skin when people think they know what's best and they're taking their stance from an uneducated platform they and others put themselves on. Coyotes are probably responsible for thousands of fawns deaths a year in NY, hunters are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deer being killed. If you really think deer being killed is the main concern then you should hate hunters, not coyotes. I'm done.

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

And you think that you know what nature needs? And you are responsible for leveling it out?? If you're so concerned about the fact that deer die naturally, maybe you should stop contributing to the problem also, why don't you stop killing deer? You're entitled to kill deer but a coyote isn't? Why? Because you paid the state for a license? This isn't grandma's anecdotal evidence anymore, studies have shown that coyotes only really predate on healthy deer during the fawning process, with that being fawns themselves. Perhaps you've heard the term "predator swamping"? I'm not going to keep dragging this out... It just gets under my skin when people think they know what's best and they're taking their stance from an uneducated platform they and others put themselves on. Coyotes are probably responsible for thousands of fawns deaths a year in NY, hunters are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deer being killed. If you really think deer being killed is the main concern then you should hate hunters, not coyotes. I'm done.

That's the finest example of projection I've seen in some time.  Pretty presumptuous too. I guess you're not capable of civil debate.  That's a shame.  If you were, you might learn something.  C'est la vie.

• Like 1

Didn't bother reading all the comments here but here is my opinion on this .

When Humans started  artificially changing  the landscape  for there needs . The time of just letting things like coyotes deer and everything else just  self check there populations  ended. 

Its are responsiblity to manage the land,  the animals so both man and  beast can coexist on it . Anyone who thinks different is being naive .

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 3