Age these deer

Dabills

I would have a hard time passing them for sure. I passed that 8 last year and it looks like it doubled it got so wide. The only reason I would pass is to see what they could become. But I'm pretty certain I won't lol. Thanks for scoring I'm not too good at that. 

8 will be in the high 130's might even brake 140!  Not sure about the other one as pics show he still has more to grow.  I would think the 10 would be in the mid 140's.  Both look like 3 year olds and both are shooters, good luck with them!  Get out early season to get a shot at them as they will change patterns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFA-ADK said:

8 will be in the high 130's might even brake 140!  Not sure about the other one as pics show he still has more to grow.  I would think the 10 would be in the mid 140's.  Both look like 3 year olds and both are shooters, good luck with them!  Get out early season to get a shot at them as they will change patterns. 

Awesome thanks. I don't have the 10 figured out yet but I know where the 8 goes later in the season... I'm going to try to get the 10 the first week of October and if I do I might let the 8 go until next year and focus on does and keeping the pressure down so they have a place to grow. The pressure surrounding my property is out of control but I've made a pretty decent buck sanctuary. I'd really like to see what that 8 turns into that rack is gorgeous. 

• Like 2

it's really hard to age deer in velvet. their body characteristics we look for change a lot once testosterone gets flowing closer toward the rut. it looks like they'll be both all of 3.5 years old or more. things like the neck falling low on the chest still are a good sign theyre older, aside from the antlers not being small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1