Remington factory repair

Cory

Anyone ever have to send in a gun to have fixed? I bought a 783 but it will not fire. It leaves a dimple on the round but it doesn’t fire the round. I contacted Remington and I’m going to have to send it in. I’m just wondering how long of a turn around to get it back? As a safe fall should I buy another rifle to have for deer season?

A few years ago during the first week of gun season I dropped my Mossberg 930 from my treestand. (Don't ask me how I did this; it's embarrassing.) The cantilevered scope mount was bent. I took it to Gander Mountain to be repaired. They said they'd have to send it back to Mossberg, and it would  be a few weeks. I immediately bought another shotgun and scope, identical to the first one.

When I got it back a few weeks later, I asked "How much?". They said it was covered under warranty, no charge. Same thing with the Nikon scope I had on it. I was pleasantly surprised all the way around as far as the repairs went. So now I have a backup . . . .

• Like 3

Inquired about sending a pistol in for repair. The place they wanted me to ship it was in/near Utica, not to whatever state they're making them in now. So I drove it there instead.  

(didn't end up leaving it with them, but that's another story) 

Sent a 700 in to iloin,ny got it back in two weeks with a new safety and bolt.You have to call and get a number from them then take it to ups leave the box open so they can check that it's unloaded.I went into ups and told them what I had to ship then brought the gun in.

Edited by rachunter
wrong word