blackbeltbill

Is Anyone Besides Me Getting By Without A Home Computer ?

Believe it or not, I have never had a home Computer. I still do everything the old fashioned way with pen and paper. I guess, I am not alone as all 8 computers at the Library get filled up quick when, I go on Sundays. One day a week to keep up my basic computer skills. The only apps, I can't get on this ancient Smartphone are Facebook and my emails. And any hunting sites are all ( G) rated. Anything else and, I would not have a clue how to get on-lol. I do get my love of reading however from my Mother. Easily over 1,000 books read. Probably a whole lot more at regular speed.   If a cop ever came to my little place and asked-- where's the computer?! I could truthfully say-- what computer? Anyone else here getting by with just using a Library computer?

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Never read an entire book in my life 

I only read the books that have lots and lots of pictures ! :rolleyes:

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

Dare you to read My side of the mountain. Easy great read   Did book report grades 3-6 on it    Thank me later 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Dare you to read My side of the mountain. Easy great read   Did book report grades 3-6 on it    Thank me later 

The dude that lived in the tree IIRC?

Excellent book and very apropos to a hunting/wandering life most of us here have enjoyed.

• Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

31 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Never read an entire book in my life 

I just sat outside reading for 30 minutes. All kinds of useless knowledge and still dirt poor-lol!

37 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That was the first book I read cover to cover. Read it to my grandsons while they were on my knee. Love that book still.

I average a book a month. Sometimes more. I'll read most anything.

I still keep My Side of the Mountain, Call of the Wild, Hatchet, Where the Red Fern Grows, Old Yeller and Old Man and the Sea my reading list for my students. Can’t beat the Classics and if I can expose some “suburban kids” to think about the outdoors it can’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I still keep My Side of the Mountain, Call of the Wild, Hatchet, Where the Red Fern Grows, Old Yeller and Old Man and the Sea my reading list for my students. Can’t beat the Classics and if I can expose some “suburban kids” to think about the outdoors it can’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently read a survival book that referenced "My Sid of the Mountain". Interesting book, from what I can tell.