Genesee County CWD?

BizCT

14 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You must have misspoke....You must have meant... The future of Hunting. Your Excused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Regardless of what you think ,the trend is not going to shooting deer on a leash .

Forget deer, the $ is in Sheep Hunts! $20-$70K per hunt depending the type of 4, FREE-RANGE, and no guarantee you even get a shot at one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Forget deer, the $ is in Sheep Hunts! $20-$70K per hunt depending the type of 4, FREE-RANGE, and no guarantee you even get a shot at one.

Geeze think what you could make by raising them and selling canned hunts.  Combine the cost with the ability to mass produce.  I think we have a new venture - Moog-Biz Sheep Hunts 100%harvest rates - pick your sheep before you hunt.  Then we could afford a real hunt for a lesser animal!

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Geeze think what you could make by raising them and selling canned hunts.  Combine the cost with the ability to mass produce.  I think we have a new venture - Moog-Biz Sheep Hunts 100%harvest rates - pick your sheep before you hunt.  Then we could afford a real hunt for a lesser animal!

I'm 1 step ahead of you. I'm working with FSW to genetically produce Rams with 1 horn instead of 2. The 1 will be straight instead of curled and grow out of the middle of the skullplate. These Rams will still be built like thoroughbreds but horn-wise, it will be a unicorn. We will use organic hair dye to make their coats different colors.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm 1 step ahead of you. I'm working with FSW to genetically produce Rams with 1 horn instead of 2. The 1 will be straight instead of curled and grow out of the middle of the skullplate. These Rams will still be built like thoroughbreds but horn-wise, it will be a unicorn. We will use organic hair dye to make their coats different colors.

Let me know when you need legal services.  That little firm you work for just won't cut it!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

At least the DEC guys pulled the mower deck off their beat-up, hydrostatic-transmission  Cub Cadet and put chains on the turf tires before hooking up the meat wagon and heading into the bush to recover the carcass of that possible CWD/EHD-infected 10-pointer.   I wonder what caliber they used to bring down the  "circling" buck, and how many shots it took.    

Screenshot_20190818-155556_Facebook.jpg

Edited by wolc123

At least the DEC guys pulled the mower deck off their beat-up, hydrostatic-transmission  Cub Cadet and put chains on the turf tires before hooking up the meat wagon and heading into the bush to recover the carcass of that possible CWD/EHD-infected 10-pointer.   I wonder what caliber they used to bring down the  "circling" buck, and how many shots it took.    
  Screenshot_20190818-155556_Facebook.thumb.jpg.76acaa7c958c76e81419f6e60d21309a.jpg
FSW.... Out of curiosity, what's it cost to shoot a BB high fence ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FSW.... Out of curiosity, what's it cost to shoot a BB high fence ?

Interesting question. I would think with good genetics, a 1/2 year old fawn buck enclosed would break the skin with spikes

Interesting question. I would think with good genetics, a 1/2 year old fawn buck enclosed would break the skin with spikes

Exactly. Shoot em right after they drop.... Some people prob pay big dollars to kill a buck fawn young enough to not have buttons.

2 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

When someone comes and hunts do you let the single deer out into a wooded area or are all the deer in the same area? just wondering how it's done.i did a high fence hog hunt once and there was every animal in one area.It wasn't for me but to each his own.I know guys that go every year and love it.

I have nothing against high fence hunting it's supply the demand.Someday i'm going to go down south an hunt for a black buck.

Edited by rachunter
spelling

Exactly. Shoot em right after they drop.... Some people prob pay big dollars to kill a buck fawn young enough to not have buttons.

Is this a trick question? Wolc involved? We sell most of our buck fawns at a grand. More if it's a special Texas or special breeding. Borders are closed so any new blood comes by way of Ai.

When someone comes and hunts do you let the single deer out into a wooded area or are all the deer in the same area? just wondering how it's done.i did a high fence hog hunt once and there was every animal in one area.It wasn't for me but to each his own.I know guys that go every year and love it.
I have nothing against high fence hunting it's supply the demand.Someday i'm going to go down south an hunt for a black buck.

We are a Farm. Not a Hunting Ranch.

Unless things changed, FSW breeds bucks but doesn’t offer hunting. He has said this a few times. He sells them to hunting operations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Unless things changed, FSW breeds bucks but doesn’t offer hunting. He has said this a few times. He sells them to hunting operations

How can he sell them across State lines?  Or just within State?  Either way..... it's a good way to spread disease!

How can he sell them across State lines?  Or just within State?  Either way..... it's a good way to spread disease!

You prob should do some research before you make yourself look any more foolish then you already have. Those that are clueless on a subject probably should leave it to those in the know.

You prob should do some research before you make yourself look any more foolish then you already have. Those that are clueless on a subject probably should leave it to those in the know.

Regardless of the spread disease comment that got you a bit tweaked (maybe even understandably) can you transport across state lines? Or are there that many NY high fence areas that allow you and others(are there many others?) to be profitable?

Regardless of the spread disease comment that got you a bit tweaked (maybe even understandably) can you transport across state lines? Or are there that many NY high fence areas that allow you and others(are there many others?) to be profitable?

Well the disease comment I'm sure would be pointed towards CWD and seeing though I am 15 years tested, Double fenced and a 7 years closed herd I would guess I am pretty safe unless it flies in. Most farm cases can be traced back to it most likely getting speed into the farm from the wild which explains the many states that have piles of it in the wilds and never a farm case. To answer your good question that actually holds merit yes we can sell to any state but Texas and Alabama because Ny is considered a CWD free state because the cases are over 10 years old. We can't bring deer in from any state which is the reason why most like me can't raise enough to supply the demand that Ny ranches have to supply their high fence customers. I have to sell mine as yearlings or 2yr olds when they are 130-200 inch animals as the demand -Checkbooks- are not there for most Ny hunters to afford. 200-300in bucks go to bigger ranches in other states.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Out of curiosity how many High fence ranches would you guess are in NY that you can pay for a hunt ? 

And do some of these ranches have a similar business platform as you and that is growing genetic type deer? 

I just googled it and NYHunting forum from 2017 popped up as a second hit....too curious so had to check it out and lookie what I found from some crazy dude who just purchase a tree stand:

aec1edbe4ccf5fa8492abb3a2a0b158d.jpg&key=2a98d11e3f4611fd531bde7a26da75b097b3ad1f3f8db182805cfe5b37501441

There seem to be a bunch of places from a quick search- still I can’t imagine there being THAT many as that style and that trophy is so foreign for me.

• Like 1