Genesee County CWD?

BizCT

9 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I have to sell mine as yearlings or 2yr olds when they are 130-200 inch animals as the demand -Checkbooks- are not there for most Ny hunters to afford. 200-300in bucks go to bigger ranches in other states.

So feasibly one could book a big money hunt in another state and end up shooting a NY state raised deer?? How Ironic.:huh:

I just googled it and NYHunting forum from 2017 popped up as a second hit....too curious so had to check it out and lookie what I found from some crazy dude who just purchase a tree stand:
aec1edbe4ccf5fa8492abb3a2a0b158d.jpg&key=2a98d11e3f4611fd531bde7a26da75b097b3ad1f3f8db182805cfe5b37501441

There seem to be a bunch of places from a quick search- still I can’t imagine there being THAT many as that style and that trophy is so foreign for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will never find a true number. I know of 4 new ones that started this year. Four of my top buyers are rich guys down near the city that do not even promote hunts. They are like a rich guys golf club that have 2000 acres fenced and do their own things. Shoot a few 200 inch bucks every year and never have to worry about state laws or tags or anything else for that matter.

44 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I just googled it and NYHunting forum from 2017 popped up as a second hit....too curious so had to check it out and lookie what I found from some crazy dude who just purchase a tree stand:

aec1edbe4ccf5fa8492abb3a2a0b158d.jpg&key=2a98d11e3f4611fd531bde7a26da75b097b3ad1f3f8db182805cfe5b37501441

There seem to be a bunch of places from a quick search- still I can’t imagine there being THAT many as that style and that trophy is so foreign for me.

I still stand by that comment. But Moog told me under 8ft. counts as "ground hunting". My lone "treestand" is 6ft. I hunt higher on rocks

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

PWNED

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

seems nuts to me,  but to each their own.  Have heard this place wasnt very successful - but who really knows for sure   http://oneidaindiannationoutfitters.com/preserve-rates

I have heard of this place out in Varona.  And always wondered if they did a brisk business? And if FSW supplied any of his deer?

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I still stand by that comment. But Moog told me under 8ft. counts as "ground hunting". My lone "treestand" is 6ft. I hunt higher on rocks

I said under 8' IF YOU ARE HUNTING IN STILTS (still moving and on the ground) - not a treestand.  Cheater!

• Like 2

I have heard of this place out in Varona.  And always wondered if they did a brisk business? And if FSW supplied any of his deer?

Well that place kinda goes along with all the other Indian ran operations. They do well late in the season after most other ranches are sold out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

its not even 10 minutes from my office.  Locals say they started it to try and help bring in big time country performers.  Which i have my doubts it would do that as these guys can go anywhere they want why come to NY ...  Also heard it hasnt done very well but am sure it isnt advertised who goes there.  They sure own so much land around here thousands and thousands of acres.  Would seem they could make hunting lodges here without the high fence but this is prob easier and maybe more cost effective.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Well that place kinda goes along with all the other Indian ran operations. They do well late in the season after most other ranches are sold out.

21 minutes ago, grampy said:

I think its prob part of their overall entertainment plan.  They have a high end golf course too that rarely gets played but it helps bring in high end gamblers.  They prob make zero off the golf and hunting and fishing but make it back at the tables . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I said under 8' IF YOU ARE HUNTING IN STILTS (still moving and on the ground) - not a treestand.  Cheater!

No, because i even practiced jumping down quietly to move for a better shot angle with gun. being mobile is key.

True story: My Dad sat in it for 4 seconds before he said "I'll never use this, you know how any times i have needed to move 5-10 yards to get a good shot?"

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

My girlfriends uncle owns a farm and hunting ranch in Ontario county. His place is packed full with hunts every year. I have a good idea of what people put into their operations, and I dont look at them the way I used to. Its not my thing, but I dont begrudge anyone from participating. Just as long as they dont try to pass the deer off as being shot in the wild.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My girlfriends uncle owns a farm and hunting ranch in Ontario county. His place is packed full with hunts every year. I have a good idea of what people put into their operations, and I dont look at them the way I used to. Its not my thing, but I dont begrudge anyone from participating. Just as long as they dont try to pass the deer off as being shot in the wild.

WNY, since FSW can't come up with any figures for us, how many hunters would you say hunt at this ranch per year??  Is it like 50, 100 or more??  Very curious to get a grasp on how many might be hunting these type of establishments since FSW thinks that the DEC is having a coronary over the many hunters it's losing to game farms.  Also, if you have any idea of how many such fenced hunting ranches there are in NYS, that would be very helpful, too.  I figure you might have some unbiased knowledge since you know someone who owns one.  Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No, because i even practiced jumping down quietly to move for a better shot angle with gun. being mobile is key.

True story: My Dad sat in it for 4 seconds before he said "I'll never use this, you know how any times i have needed to move 5-10 yards to get a good shot?"

I hop off my 12’ ladders all the time for a better shot.  Sometimes releasing an arrow mid-air so I guess we are both legal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I hop off my 12’ ladders all the time for a better shot.  Sometimes releasing an arrow mid-air so I guess we are both legal. 

Are you jumping from foot platform or armrest platform?

2 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You will never find a true number. I know of 4 new ones that started this year. Four of my top buyers are rich guys down near the city that do not even promote hunts. They are like a rich guys golf club that have 2000 acres fenced and do their own things. Shoot a few 200 inch bucks every year and never have to worry about state laws or tags or anything else for that matter.

That sucks...

Any zebra? I need a new rug

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk