Genesee County CWD?

BizCT

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

EHD is by the bite of a Midge. The deer will not end up with any other problem. Gets bite. Develops massive fever and Dead usually within hours. Hence you will find them around and in water most times if they have EHD. Most pic's that you see some use for the fear monger of CWD is actually deer with EHD. No people have ever became sick from eating CWD positive meat as of the last 50 plus years so its unlikely any ever will. A lot of hunters do not even get their deer tested even in positive states. With it being in Pa for so many years I would guess we already have CWD in this state, It would be found if our state actually tested any real numbers of deer. A couple thousand out of a million is not called testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is the prognosis for a deer with CWD - can it survive, how long, symptoms, that sort of thing.  I really don't know much about it other than its not a good thing.

So what is the prognosis for a deer with CWD - can it survive, how long, symptoms, that sort of thing.  I really don't know much about it other than its not a good thing.

It's not a good thing for sure but it's just something else that kills a few deer. You see if you listen to the DEC and others with agendas they will tell you every deer found positive is positive and that's not 100% true. They are not clinical unless it's found in the brain. If it's found in the nodes only it will not die. Just shows the lymph nodes are doing their job. Problem is they say they have to kill them to find out when in fact there is a live test that will show positives but of course that's not easy for wild deer and some states won't allow it. Texas has been using live tests for years with great results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

It's not a good thing for sure but it's just something else that kills a few deer. You see if you listen to the DEC and others with agendas they will tell you every deer found positive is positive and that's not 100% true. They are not clinical unless it's found in the brain. If it's found in the nodes only it will not die. Just shows the lymph nodes are doing their job. Problem is they say they have to kill them to find out when in fact there is a live test that will show positives but of course that's not easy for wild deer and some states won't allow it. Texas has been using live tests for years with great results.

Good info, without the hype. Thank you.

Really good info...I know there’s over dramatization of the issue when last year I received from various non-hunters the “deer zombie” report or some BS. All of a sudden people who don’t have access to venison (non hunters) and enjoy my food made with venison become leery.
What’s the DEC’s (or other agencies) gain by making CWD overly real?

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Really good info...I know there’s over dramatization of the issue when last year I received from various non-hunters the “deer zombie” report or some BS. All of a sudden people who don’t have access to venison (non hunters) and enjoy my food made with venison become leery.
What’s the DEC’s (or other agencies) gain by making CWD overly real?

Justifying their budget increases by making up a straw man

Justifying their budget increases by making up a straw man

I have been saying on here for years that if one would just do some research they would see it's always been a political disease. Their...States DEC main goal is to rid the landscape of their competitors...ME! And white coats for more research dollars that does not even go to CWD research. Ny used it to close the borders for deer farms bringing in deer from other states. Then they tried to use it to shut down the deer scent business. All with unproven science. Look at how many states no longer even test deer for CWD? Another year or two and it will be a thing of the past. Kinda like Ebola.

I have been saying on here for years that if one would just do some research they would see it's always been a political disease. Their...States DEC main goal is to rid the landscape of their competitors...ME! And white coats for more research dollars that does not even go to CWD research. Ny used it to close the borders for deer farms bringing in deer from other states. Then they tried to use it to shut down the deer scent business. All with unproven science. Look at how many states no longer even test deer for CWD? Another year or two and it will be a thing of the past. Kinda like Ebola.

You believe that a few deer out of a million isn’t a test but the DEC views a couple deer farms as competition for hunting dollars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Why would the state spend so much money to shut down such a small operation throughout the entire state.

You believe that a few deer out of a million isn’t a test but the DEC views a couple deer farms as competition for hunting dollars?

Well I believe you would be shocked how many deer are taken behind fence. I can tell you that come mid Nov any antlered deer found behind wire is a highly sought after animal. Demand has always trumped supply and grows year after year. And yes when it comes to $$$ it matters. Have you lived in Ny long? The Growth Continue's!423552c4a1e84d054119afd41be13542.jpg

Well I believe you would be shocked how many deer are taken behind fence. I can tell you that come mid Nov any antlered deer found behind wire is a highly sought after animal. Demand has always trumped supply and grows year after year. And yes when it comes to $$$ it matters. Have you lived in Ny long? The Growth Continue's!423552c4a1e84d054119afd41be13542.jpg&key=2c327095a093b85fb7a82fcb1614f434e1f02da116160d5b103b26439c138f82

28 years. How many deer taken behind a fence vs in the wild? How many of your hunters also have a NY hunting license and hunt free range deer as well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Well I believe you would be shocked how many deer are taken behind fence. I can tell you that come mid Nov any antlered deer found behind wire is a highly sought after animal. Demand has always trumped supply and grows year after year. And yes when it comes to $$$ it matters. Have you lived in Ny long? The Growth Continue's!423552c4a1e84d054119afd41be13542.jpg

When does the state lose their cut throughout the process of hunting fenced in deer?

Well I believe you would be shocked how many deer are taken behind fence.

Yes, please give us that number if you have it.  Must have a reliable source to back it up.  You alone giving us that number is not reliable enough.

28 years. How many deer taken behind a fence vs in the wild? How many of your hunters also have a NY hunting license and hunt free range deer as well?

Less and less every year. Just as the wild hunters and places to hunt dwindle with age and land lock up high fence grows and grows. You know how many think it's cheaper to spend 3 grand for this rather than fight for places to hunt and spend more than 3 a year doing it? All for a chance at maybe a nice 6pt in the wild? 11e333d2814185bc1096576f6c18934f.jpg

In June, I attended a mandatory NYS Hunter Safety Instructor course. Not sure why the topic of CWD was included in a safety instructors course? But anyways..... During the course, a NYSDEC biologist spoke of CWD with a gloom and doom presentation. "CWD could end hunting in NY as we know it now".  There is no doubt that this biologist is much more qualified than myself or most average hunters to speak on the subject. But I just couldn't escape the feeling during the presentation, that what he was saying was in part, way over the top?? I just felt that there was some solid information there, mixed in with some hype? IDK......?

FSW makes some valid points as well. Perhaps the real truth lies somewhere in between? 

I am in no way qualified to make a statement either way. I just would like some solid no BS information, from an independent source, with no special interest or ajenda to uphold. With CWD that seems to be hard to find. 

In June, I attended a mandatory NYS Hunter Safety Instructor course. Not sure why the topic of CWD was included in a safety instructors course? But anyways..... During the course, a NYSDEC biologist spoke of CWD with a gloom and doom presentation. "CWD could end hunting in NY as we know it now".  There is no doubt that this biologist is much more qualified than myself or most average hunters to speak on the subject. But I just couldn't escape the feeling during the presentation, that what he was saying was in part, way over the top?? I just felt that there was some solid information there, mixed in with some hype? IDK......?
FSW makes some valid points as well. Perhaps the real truth lies somewhere in between? 
I am in no way qualified to make a statement either way. I just would like some solid no BS information, from an independent source, with no special interest or ajenda to uphold. With CWD that seems to be hard to find. 

Lol. Well my friend. If you can look at something that's been around for 50 plus years and not see any carnage you pretty much have your answer. CWD has never ever hurt any herds or any people in any states...Ever.

If your so curious.....Do some Research.

Well, if that isn't the cop out of the month.  I should have known better than to think you'd be able to come up with some credible figures from somewhere other than yourself.

• Haha 1

Less and less every year. Just as the wild hunters and places to hunt dwindle with age and land lock up high fence grows and grows. You know how many think it's cheaper to spend 3 grand for this rather than fight for places to hunt and spend more than 3 a year doing it? All for a chance at maybe a nice 6pt in the wild? 11e333d2814185bc1096576f6c18934f.jpg&key=c44f08fdf82dd1403c347c75d11aca782f170e455cdb86d9994a6071a8861e61

I still think they’re buying a $90 license as well

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I still think they’re buying a $90 license as well

Lets not forget that lots of hunters don't buy bow and muzzleloader privileges.  Those who don't can get a buck, bear and doe tag(s) for only $32.  How many people hunt deer in a NYS hunting preserve??  100, 1000, 10,000?   One of the great mysteries of the world I guess, but all I know is that I can't see NYS losing a wink of sleep over the revenue they might be losing to the relatively few hunting preserves out there in NYS.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Less and less every year. Just as the wild hunters and places to hunt dwindle with age and land lock up high fence grows and grows. You know how many think it's cheaper to spend 3 grand for this rather than fight for places to hunt and spend more than 3 a year doing it? All for a chance at maybe a nice 6pt in the wild? 11e333d2814185bc1096576f6c18934f.jpg

That deer In the back is patiently waiting for his turn at the CWD distribution unit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Don't care what anyone believes or not. I only know things are looking bright on my side of the fence and getting brighter by the year. Take it for what it's worth.

I know we have had our differences in the meat vs bone debate but people involved In The thread right now are truly curious of the facts that you can provide regarding amount of people hunting fences hunts. You supply those hunts with interesting animals..freaks if you will...and so should have some idea of the demand. No attack here...unless you tell me I like bone over meat(neither sounds good like that)!!!!

• Like 1

I appreciate the info regarding CWD.  I know some states that have been hit with it had a decline but eventually came back.  I have no idea how many hunt behind fences nor do I really care.  If the sky falls and it comes to that being the only option in NY, I will find some other hobby.

• Like 4